Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92's and solid cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L92's and solid cam

Anyone on here run a solid roller with L92's? Just wondering what springs/spring pressures and rockers are being used?
Old 06-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Launching!

I am building a set up with l92 heads and a solid roller. I am not sure on what spring and retainers I am using yet, but I have a set of T&D Rockers on the way to use with it. I suggest useing either T&D or Jesel rockers for any solid roller build. My big problem right now is that no one makes a intake for these heads yet that will take the rpms that I wont to turn.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Badmire68
Anyone on here run a solid roller with L92's? Just wondering what springs/spring pressures and rockers are being used?
Yella Terra makes a nice set of adjustable rocker arms for this L92 head. They are alot less than the Jesel and T & D set-up. I would suggest the Jesel and T & D set only if you are racing with your vehicle.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by O6DODGE
I am building a set up with l92 heads and a solid roller. I am not sure on what spring and retainers I am using yet, but I have a set of T&D Rockers on the way to use with it. I suggest useing either T&D or Jesel rockers for any solid roller build. My big problem right now is that no one makes a intake for these heads yet that will take the rpms that I wont to turn.
Alot of guys are running the GMPP 4-bbl style intake with a elbow on it with these heads. There are several fabricated intakes ($$$$) offered for these heads also.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The T&D rockers for the LS stuff are junk IMO. We got a set for my solid L92 build and the pushrod cup was WAY off. i can get you a GOOD set of sportsman style rockers from a company here in texas if you want.

My 414 did 710 at 7300 when it started floating valves. It has not been put back on the engine dyno since the new rockers. We will just have to wait to see what it does on the chassis dyno. Got a 200+ direct port too
Old 06-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sixt9er
Alot of guys are running the GMPP 4-bbl style intake with a elbow on it with these heads. There are several fabricated intakes ($$$$) offered for these heads also.
Yeah thats the route I am going for now. I am going to wait till fast and weinend bring out there stuff and see what there talking about. As for T&D being junk I dont think that is entirely true but you have the right to your opinion. On the other hand I have heard nothing but good thing about them beside the fact that they are over priced.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not all of there stuff is junk. The Ford stuff they sell is very nice. I stated the LS version of their rocker is no good. Erik Koenig (HKE Racing Engines) will agree as well. The changed the design to fit under a stock valve cover for some reason and now the geometry for anything over 600 lift is so skewed its not reliable and costs quite a bit of horsepower. Their customer service leaves alot to be desired as well. The owner of T&D told the shop they were right and that he would call them back. Didnt happen.

Do a search for DRE in Texas. Good stuff. Jessels stuff is nice too but the only thing offered for L92 heads is a Mohawk design which is $$$$.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:36 AM
Launching!

yeah I was going to go with the mohawk pros but I got a good deal on the T&D rocker who were recomended by the guy who is building my motor. I will give these a shot i9f they dont work I will try the Jesels.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sixt9er
Yella Terra makes a nice set of adjustable rocker arms for this L92 head. They are alot less than the Jesel and T & D set-up. I would suggest the Jesel and T & D set only if you are racing with your vehicle.
yes it is only going to be racing. but I'm trying to stay away from the $1K set of rockers. I have a set of Comp shaft mounts that were on my LS6 heads that are practically new and I can't give them away.

Quick Reply: L92's and solid cam