Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just rebuilt t56, shifter wont move now! help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just rebuilt t56, shifter wont move now! help!

Hey guys i just did i minor rebuild to my ls1 t56 (synchro rings, steel 3-4 fork, bronze keys ect) no bearings but just finished putting it all back together, everything went pretty smooth and no left over snap rings or anything. Tried to winggle the shifter and it won't even go side side in neutral and wont go into any gears. Any thoughts before i pull it back apart? Could sonething not be lined up? Thanks in advanced and sorry if in wrong section couldnt find anything on trans.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You need to get a MOD to move this to the correct section, so you get some answers.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Teching In

Okay after more hours looking into it i think the alingment pins are off. One lines up, the other doesn't and the threads are shot so looks like ill have to pull the case and do a time-sert . Anyone know the thread size of the alignment pin screws? Mods I'm not being lazy but can you move this to right section? Not sure where to put it. Thanks guys
Old 08-27-2013, 07:04 AM
Teching In

Also now that i took the one that doesnt line up right out it goes into all gears fine(reverse is tough) but the shifter moves. Ive been reading up on the pins and they say theres a trick but it's hard to explain
Old 08-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Update: took it all apart, lined up the pins, put it back together and it will move in neutral and go into every gear but it gets stuck trying to wigle it back and forth in neutral. Could that be cuz theres not enough lube? I feel it should move freely with no issues. Any help?

Quick Reply: just rebuilt t56, shifter wont move now! help!