Generation V External Engine LT1 Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I`m going to need some help on a wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I`m going to need some help on a wiring harness

Hey guys,
I have 2014 l83 that I am trying to put into a 89 c1500. There is only 1 company that I have found that is making a stand alone harness for this engine. However they want 2000 bucks. I cant spend that much so I need to make my own.

I have the original harness and computer but I dont know what has to go and what needs to stay. I have some background in wiring as I am a a/c tech and I build drag cars on the side, so I should be able to pull this off.

Where do I start?
Old 10-29-2015, 05:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy the shop manual for the engine the vehicle it came out of. It details every circuit in the harness. If you don't have a factory harness, get one and trim it out. Last I checked the pins for the computer to roll your own harness were unavailable, unless that has changed.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply 96.
I am sure someone out there can help me figure this out. I would hate to have to buy a shop manual when all I need is the wiring diagram. But if I have to I will. After looking at the harness the biggest issue I see is to trim down the wiring to what I need. Gas pedal, ignition, starter. diagnostic port and gauge connections. There must be 75 wires at the connectors to the firewall and I have no idea which is which.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Ok so maybe I am in the wrong forum. Can anyone steer me to the right place to get this info? Pretty please?
Old 10-31-2015, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a couple of other forums like the swap forum and the PCM forum, but unless you find someone willing to make copies of the service manual that they bought and paid for, your search will likely be fruitless. It's early days for the Gen V, so that information really isn't out in the public domain yet.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by frige
Ok so maybe I am in the wrong forum. Can anyone steer me to the right place to get this info? Pretty please?
Sign up on AllData DIY. It will cost a few dollars, but you can get every schematic you need. Just use the car that the engine came from as your required vehicle.

Quick Reply: I`m going to need some help on a wiring harness