Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too was blown away by the information presented on this subject. I am also a mech eng by education and enjoy studying engines and new v8 pushrod technology and I thought this thread had taken a major step forward in advanced engine discussions. I prefer not to get involved in the back and forth and would rather just move on. Why don't we either create a new thread or a new blog which allows us to continue to extract actual knowledge and exciting new topic and cut out people who just want to bash......
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevelle Fan

Who cares if BG was with GM or not. He had things to tell that I have spent the better part of my car hobbying life trying to understand. I can remember when I was a young man trying to get HP out of the Gen 1 Chevy engines.

Every guy behind the counter of a performance shop knew just what I needed to make killer HP. It took me awhile, but I learned that they didn't know $%*t about making HP or else they were padding their commission check with my hard earned money. Not every guy on this thread has the money to go out and buy a new vette. I certainly don't.

Guys who can't afford a new vette are thirsty for knowledge. These guys have budgets that they have to stay within for their builds.

I will guarantee you right now, there are people on this thread who are still being taken advantage of because they are being sold performance parts or other inhancements that are just not appropriate for their desired results.

If someone is willing to share their knowledge about making HP with economy, and durability who cares that the source may or may not be a real GM guy. As BG said, metal does not lie. How many times have you broke a part because you used it in an application that it was not intended for. Then when it broke, you demanded your money back. Not because the part failed, but because you failed.
BRAVO!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chevelle Fan
Originally Posted by Cobra4B

You are a Hypocrite.

I sometimes came over here to LS1 Tech from Team Chevelle to lurk because I am considering an LS swap into my 67 Chevelle. I joined LS1 Tech last night because of you, and for the record, this is my second post on LS1 Tech!

As an older gentleman reading this thread you remind me of a spoiled child.
You clearly have a lack of decency for others. Something that is not tolerated over at Team Chevelle. You are like the kid playing sandlot football who gets upset because you are not getting enough passes thrown your way. So, since the ball belongs to you, you get angry and leave taking the ball with you, and ruin everyone elses fun.

Who cares if BG was with GM or not. He had things to tell that I have spent the better part of my car hobbying life trying to understand. I can remember when I was a young man trying to get HP out of the Gen 1 Chevy engines.

Every guy behind the counter of a performance shop knew just what I needed to make killer HP. It took me awhile, but I learned that they didn't know $%*t about making HP or else they were padding their commission check with my hard earned money. Not every guy on this thread has the money to go out and buy a new vette. I certainly don't.

Guys who can't afford a new vette are thirsty for knowledge. These guys have budgets that they have to stay within for their builds.

I will guarantee you right now, there are people on this thread who are still being taken advantage of because they are being sold performance parts or other inhancements that are just not appropriate for their desired results.

If someone is willing to share their knowledge about making HP with economy, and durability who cares that the source may or may not be a real GM guy. As BG said, metal does not lie. How many times have you broke a part because you used it in an application that it was not intended for. Then when it broke, you demanded your money back. Not because the part failed, but because you failed.

You have failed an interesting thread.
Did BG not throw enough passes your way?
And you're brand new member with 1 post... how many aliases do you have Mr. Gunz?

"If someone is willing to share their knowledge about making HP with economy, and durability who cares that the source may or may not be a real GM guy."

If someone feels the need to lie about who they are to get people to listen to them, then why should I trust anything that comes out of his or her mouth?

Mr Gunz if you were involved in the LT1 development at some time or worked for a supplier and have knowledge, then why not present yourself as such and engage in meaningful discourse?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
They may never advertise E85 HP figures or mention that it gives more power. They may just leave it for underground discovery.

What ????
E85 works in all engines for making more power.
Of course E85 will make more power with the LT1

Big time power increase on all forced indution engines:

+50HP more for the Buick Grand National.

+30HP more for all LNF EcoTech engines.

The more compression, the more power increase, in any engine.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Teching In

And you're brand new member with 1 post... how many aliases do you have Mr. Gunz?

"If someone is willing to share their knowledge about making HP with economy, and durability who cares that the source may or may not be a real GM guy."

If someone feels the need to lie about who they are to get people to listen to them, then why should I trust anything that comes out of his or her mouth?

Mr Gunz if you were involved in the LT1 development at some time or worked for a supplier and have knowledge, then why not present yourself as such and engage in meaningful discourse?

Am I "Mr. Gunz" too? This is the first thread I've ever posted in on LS1TECH. So by your logic, that probably makes sense. You are beginning to border on paranoia. You've made your case, you've brought you're evidence, (very weak IMHO), now why do you need to continue to destroy this once very interesting thread? I'm sure in real life you are a great guy, but you aren't coming off that way here.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:03 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

No, I'M BIGG GUNZ!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000Firehawk
Quote:
They may never advertise E85 HP figures or mention that it gives more power. They may just leave it for underground discovery.

What ????
E85 works in all engines for making more power.
Of course E85 will make more power with the LT1

Big time power increase on all forced indution engines:

+50HP more for the Buick Grand National.

+30HP more for all LNF EcoTech engines.

The more compression, the more power increase, in any engine.
uh yeah,
Old 01-09-2013, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
...And that should be the last post in this thread!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:42 PM
TECH Veteran

NO! I am Sparti... err wait... wrong person..

in any case, well find out if BG was truthful come sunday/monday.

concerning the possible lying and such... integrity is an important thing in life. if the information was correct but he lied about who he was.. thats not a worth while person to listen to.

for a more ... tech related subject... any bets on whether or not the new vette will have a supercar like 'select a tune'?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:15 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

"select a tune" hahaha guess where mine would always be set at?
Old 01-09-2013, 03:01 PM
TECH Veteran

"select a tune" hahaha guess where mine would always be set at?
well... various cars have it... the M5, most Ferraris, Nobles, higher end Mercedes, Lambos, and even some lower tier cars.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

Track key... Boss 302
Old 01-09-2013, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yo Brian,

I have not smoked a roach with ya in about..foreveah. Dude, you still killin it at the track? I meant to catch up with ya at the last donut hole and beer fest but just ran out of time.

That BG prank you pulled on LS1 techies is da bomb!!! Funny as hell!!! At times you even sounded like you knew what you were talkin bout (but we both know you ain't got no clue). Hahahha. Funny stuff!

I know lots of guys on there think yur a ******** for doing it, but I guess when yer bored from those miatas kickin yer trash at the track you gotta find another way to let off steam. No prob with me though brutha...you still be the man in my hood (at least till the docs knife slipped during that routine ******* sack checkup thingy). Hope yer feeling better after that. Let's cut some coke again sometime slick!! Love yer quick one on the guys-I don't think they have even put it together yet. Hahaha. Keep bein bad (I'll pick you up at 8). Later dude.

Sorry bout not using that co-bra thing. That is like so yesterday. I thought you were changin it to co-manziere???

Last edited by dbs1; 01-09-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
Track key... Boss 302
i dont think itd be that low brow.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Hilarious... nobody has attacked Mr. Gunz, only asked basic questions to validate him as a source. Please show me where he was antagonized or attacked?

-------------------------

Nevermind... another low post count poster. Another sign of an uber-troll... he's got multiple log-ins in reserve to create his own fanclub. How deep does this go Mr. Gunz?
seriously? there were a number of attacks on him, his grammar, his race, etc., and demands of all kinds made on the guy.... he may have been a fake, but no matter what, if he were real, the attitudes on here would largely have pissed off anyone. badly.

PS: my handle here is my freaking NAME, moron. i have been registered on this site for years. i don't post much....because 1) i HAVE an engine builder who is supposed to know this crap, and 2) my recent playground has not been filled with LS engines. i am not darth vader aka bigg gunz.

if you had a problem with the content someone is posting, or suspect they are a fraud, there is a mature way to go about your business. you didn't take that approach. thread is over because of it, and you look like an obnoxious dumbass, whereas no one really has any idea whether the guy you ran off was for real or not.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

One of the reasons most companies don't list E85 power numbers is likely to do with the fact they would have to list the reduced mpg numbers as well.

It makes more power but gets less gas mileage!
The PR team would just go ape **** over that commercial.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:44 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting read, boys.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:29 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

*****************Admin Note***********************

I am adding this post to point out that as of today (05/29/13) HPT has annouced tuning capabilities for the E92 ECM which is used in the new trucks and the Corvette with DI. So, it would appear that the information provided by Big Gunz about the ECM and the impossibilty of it being "cracked" was not accurate. I will eave it to the reader to determine the validity of any of the other posts made by Big Gunz. I would however suggest to take them with a grain of salt.

*****************Admin Note***********************

Quick Reply: New LT1 for 2014 6.2l alum block