Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

PLEASE HELP! Burning oil/lean/new engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP! Burning oil/lean/new engine

Just recently had my engine rebuilt and internals forged. My builder replaced all gaskets,seals machined block/head etc.
Anyway its been about 1200 miles since the build and I started noticing a ticking noise and turns out I had 1 quart of oil(significant oil cosumption) and my Wideband 02 has been wacked A/F and reading all over the place but mostly 17-20. smells REALLy rich, start to get a high if idling too long haha.
Also have P1135- Bad o2 and P0300 random missfire.
After taking it to my builder turns out that cylinder 4 is burning oil but doesnt know from where (my spark plug was burnt black) and all other cylinders were good. He also did a leakage test which was 5% .
Any suggestions on how to go about a fix I would appreciate. into this engine for about $7k - Thanks
Old 10-18-2013, 03:28 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NATHANIALPOPE
Just recently had my engine rebuilt and internals forged. My builder replaced all gaskets,seals machined block/head etc.
Anyway its been about 1200 miles since the build and I started noticing a ticking noise and turns out I had 1 quart of oil(significant oil cosumption) and my Wideband 02 has been wacked A/F and reading all over the place but mostly 17-20. smells REALLy rich, start to get a high if idling too long haha.
Also have P1135- Bad o2 and P0300 random missfire.
After taking it to my builder turns out that cylinder 4 is burning oil but doesnt know from where (my spark plug was burnt black) and all other cylinders were good. He also did a leakage test which was 5% .
Any suggestions on how to go about a fix I would appreciate. into this engine for about $7k - Thanks
Maybe a leaking valve seal? Better hope that's it, otherwise a possible gas washed cylinder situation on a new engine.

Has it been running rich since new? If so the ring(s) probably didn't seat right.

Check to see if your PCV valve is not stuck open. That's a lot of oil burn. I don't see how just one valve seal in one cylinder can cause that much burn though. Gas washing of the cylinders will cause that kind of crazy oil burn.

Do you leave a cloud of smoke out the tailpipes when you hit the gas hard?

Old 10-18-2013, 03:31 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Also, was the engine broke-in properly?

Meaning WOT dyno pulls in the first few miles of the engine running.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS6427
Also, was the engine broke-in properly?

Meaning WOT dyno pulls in the first few miles of the engine running.

is that a trick question?
Old 01-03-2014, 10:41 AM
TECH Regular

Wow, a Gen V rebuilt already. Color me impressed :-)
Old 01-05-2014, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

I dont think this is a gen V..

And wot is good for breaking in motors, you just dont want to be hitting red line the first time it fires.

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! Burning oil/lean/new engine