First of all...a HUGE
Thank You goes out to Tick Performance for their AWESOME GP last month on their world famous master cylinder kits and free speed bleeders!
Now...if the timing is right (no pun intended), it would make for an unprecedented
year in the LSX community if Tick could find a way to give us a similar deal on a GP for their cam packages!! Not to mention, it would also provide infinite job security for Martin and Jonathan!
I won't suggest a price-point...that's up to those guys to determine. (After all; the cam packages are already discounted) But, I do have some suggestions as to how to keep it affordable, orderly, and sane for everyone involved - while still being profitable for Tick. Foreword: There should be a multi-level GP option where installation is/is not included. (This will allow those of us who live far away from Mt. Airy, NC to also participate.)
1. Open the GP and announce that there will only be a certain number of cam package installs completed from the GP list per-week at the Tick facility. No more, no less. (This would be so that Tick won't have to turn down other customers because of a huge block of GP installs scheduled.)
2. Orders will be limited to X number of packages, the GP availability will end on X date, and installs will begin on X date.
3. On the GP terms, announce that the scheduling "picks" for install dates will be done in the same order that orders are purchased. (For example; If you're the 13th order, basically you'd get the 13th pick of which week you want your install done. Think of it like how football drafting works...you may get the 1st overall pick, but you may want to take the 3rd week instead of the 1st week.)
4. As a "kickback" for our participation in the GP, we can allow pictures and before/after dyno stats for Tick to use at their discretion for their advertising/promotion purposes.
5. Everybody pays up-front. This way Tick might be able to obtain an even bigger discount from Comp Cams for a guaranteed large quantity purchase order.
Those are just some of my suggestions...if anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to chime in!