Group Purchase Requests Please post your GP requests here for the sponsors to consider them.

Sfc

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

isnt that what a GP is supposed to be? if you cant go lower than competitors pricing then what is the point? thats really dumb
Old 01-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

I agree with you and this is not my decision. I respect Ryan at UMI and have to do what he has ask me to do.

Like I said though I will stand by what I have already priced.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

sux that we cant get the GP, but bobby did give us some good prices so i think that we should still go through with buying from him anyway
Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

I wonder how vendors can complain about prices that were pm'd to people and not made public...

I will still go ahead and accept the quote I was given, it beats buying everything at regular price. Send me a pm as to how you would like to accept payment.
And thanks for the group purchase
Old 01-08-2007, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlueSLPCamaro
I wonder how vendors can complain about prices that were pm'd to people and not made public...

I will still go ahead and accept the quote I was given, it beats buying everything at regular price. Send me a pm as to how you would like to accept payment.
And thanks for the group purchase
i dunno, that doesnt make since to me either
Old 01-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

OK guys basicly here is the rundown. A few people that posted in here called or pm'd a larger vendor wanting them to match our GP price. They were not happy with the price we had quoted, so they contacted UMI via PM about it.

Ryan at UMI contacted me about it asking me to remove the GP which I have done.

cptncdy, sent you a PM
Old 01-08-2007, 12:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be buying form him regardless he is a good guy!

everybody else that wants lower is just crying! you cant get everything for free!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camscam02
I will be buying form him regardless he is a good guy!

everybody else that wants lower is just crying! you cant get everything for free!

he is a good guy
Old 01-08-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

That is kind of wierd, I don't feel like anyone owes me something super cheap but I don't like how that went down. I'm not boycotting Kentucky Speed but I don't think I'm going to be putting money UMI's pockets anytime soon. I'm all about the F body community and doing a little anything else is just BS...
Old 01-08-2007, 02:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sapper_daddy
That is kind of wierd, I don't feel like anyone owes me something super cheap but I don't like how that went down. I'm not boycotting Kentucky Speed but I don't think I'm going to be putting money UMI's pockets anytime soon. I'm all about the F body community and doing a little anything else is just BS...
Hello,

First off I don't think I should be to blame and blaming UMI needs to stop....

The group purchase was ran with out our permission, this group purchase was never approved by us. All group purchases and sales must be approved by us the manufacture before being submitted and they where not, this is in our contract when a dealer signs up. We have nothing to do with this so please do not blame us. Also there is minimal allowed pricing items are allowed to be sold for and it was being broke so it was stopped.

Secondly, some of you felt that the prices you were given by Kentucky Speed were not good enough so you decided to PM me and other vendors to match and beat these prices. This is how we were aware of this GP. So for those of you that did that I am not sure how cheap you wanted this stuff but we just can't tolerate that. For those of you who did not, I apologize.

Hope you understand,
Ryan

Last edited by UMI Performance; 01-08-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

i understand, just dissapointed.
btw, can someone still give me a quote on part #2003 weld in, red, chromoly?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:41 PM
9 Second Club

ya those people that wanted it cheaper are stupid and cheap! ok kool!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

OK guys, this is getting out of hand. Ryan did ask me stop the sale but only because we didn't clear the sale with him first. There was one vendor complaining because there were several members that took the quoted price and contacted them to beat the price. As well as contacted UMI. Had this not taken place the GP wold have went through.

Ryan is not the bad guy here, he makes and distributes a great product and should not be drug through the mud over ending this sale.

I will continue to push the UMI line but it will be at the retail price with free shipping.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2007, 05:11 PM
9 Second Club

ya i love UMI and there pieces and will continue to buy the UMI stuff from you so its all good! thanks for everything!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

ya i love UMI and there pieces and will continue to buy the UMI stuff from you so its all good! thanks for everything!
Yeah definitly a good product! I guess the thing that really bugs me is the whoever went outside of the group purchase to get a cheaper price, and profit margins are what they are, the vendors and manufacturers have to eat too. Personally when I fork out some extra dough for a really good part, I feel good because I want the company to do well and continue to make a good product and grow and that my money has bought me a little more than just a part. I somewhat have a problem with keeping a reputation or minimum price, I'm not sure how the deals are worked between the vendors etc. Apparently you have to sign off on the price they are selling for. But isn't pretty self explanitory that if you buy more quantity, the company will take a small loss in margin per part to get an overall bigger quantity of money at once? No hard feelings and no one is at fault, business is business
Old 01-09-2007, 11:36 AM
11 Second Club

My brother is the first person to tell me about UMI and how great there products are. And I took his word about UMI and I'm glad I did! I can't wait for the parts (just ordered) and I will continue to buy from UMI and Kentucky Speed. Thanks again for the group purchase!!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

yeah what the hell guys. someone on here is willing to give you a better than advertised price and instead of being greatful for it you turn around and try to get it $5 cheaper somewhere else through price matching offers. all this does is anger the other vendors and get the original deal killed. good job...next time think of what happened here before you try crap like this again.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:14 PM
9 Second Club

thanks bobby at Kentucky speed for my parts! i cant wait!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

Just curious but did anybody who ordered, get anything yet? I'm just getting more and more excited about finally getting something for my car, and planting that stock power to the ground
Old 01-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

Hey, most orders have shipped out and been received. I will check the status of your order on Monday.

Quick Reply: Sfc