Hi Guys, My name is Mark, new to the forum so I thought I'd get straight down to business and post my car up. BTW Im also in Australia.
This is my MY06 HSV Maloo R8 Z Series 2. Been told its one of few that were special ordered in this colour which is Ignition. The colour looks awesome in daylight.
6 Speed Manual with all the R8 goodies....AP Racing Brakes, Leather Interior etc etc.
How I bought it....
After I'd chewed through the first set of tyres I decided it was time to get her some new shoes, a pair of Lexani, 20 x 8.5's on the front and 20 x 10's on the rear. Wish I had the guards rolled on the rear before I did this as I would have been able to fit some fatter rubber under the **** end instead of the stretched 255's that are on there.
Little slideshow that F1 Wheel & Tyre put together
Few months went by and the front rotors were shagged so decided to go with some DBA 5000 Rotors for the front. Haven't got to use them too much yet as you'll see why in my next post. But they look the goods!!
So not long after the rotors were put on. I was out one night with a few other mates and was having some spirited driving....as you do, Anyway cut along story short, by the end of the night there was a shocking knocking noise coming from the motor......first thought 'Big end bearing' and I was spot on the money there, so myself and Scott (Spasm....some may remember him) went about pulling the engine and box out of the car to investigate.
Here's the pics:
Here you can see the culprit bearing that had spun...the bottom fried one!
So now that we def found the problem, I've decided that may aswell do something decent with it now that its out of the car. In the works as we speak I am building a 402ci Stroker for it and running a mildish sort of cam for it, Not chasing big hp figures but more building it for some kick **** torque... Getting all the pieces back this weekend and will be getting straight into the building of the bottom end.
Mod list so far:
Callies Stroker kit
Moroso high volume oil pump
ARP head bolts
Full twin 3 inch exhaust system
25% Underdrive pulley kit
Braided clutch line
I can't remember the rest but will post more later lol
Also while its all out going to throw a few other goodies into the driveline....New clutch (NPC) a RIP Shifter and also a Harrop Sports diff cover.
Bit of an Update.
Got most of the pistons in bar 1, were a bit sus on one of the piston rings, just doesnt feel like its fitting in as nicely as the other 7 did so were gonna get another one.
Here's some pics from todays progress.
Been having a bit of doubt over using the original main studs lately, asked around and been getting conflicting opinions. While most said just to re-use the old studs I ended up deciding that just to be safe and to cut out all doubt, to get a ARP Main Stud Kid, luckily my old mans work shares the residency with Performance Wholesale so was a simple case of him walking next door to pick up a set which was luckily perfect timing as they just had a shipment of them arrive after a 3 month back order.
Finally got out to the car today to do a few things, just fitted the RIP shifter and braided line....was easy enough to do since the box is sitting in the tray of the ute. Also gave the DiFillipo headers I got a bit of a clean up and some High temp paint, just need to grab a heat gun and give them a bit of curing.
Old piece of crap
On with the RIP Shift
And the freshly painted header sitting next to the unpainted one.