Holden Performance Australian LS1 Powered Vehicles

2012 Chevy Caprice PPV...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 02:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2012 Chevy Caprice PPV...

What vehicles are compatible to a new Caprice? I know there are a few interior parts that look like it would fit a G8. Anything else the parts would work on?
Old 10-16-2014, 08:33 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe some stuff from the "SS"? AFAIK, the Caprice is just the extended wheelbase G8. I'm not sure if it received the updates that the SS did over the G8, though.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:16 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

I've had some thoughts about getting one as a DD.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old post, but the Caprice is a longer wheelbase than the G8 OR the SS. On the plus side, they're really roomy in the back seat. Depending on how you roll, they come with fewer options (which you can pick and choose from other cars). I kind of like the lack of electronic stuff that's just going to fail in the long run.

There are a LOT of parts that are interchangeable with the Caprice; the diff pumpkin from a Camaro or SS is a drop in, suspension parts from a G8 are a drop in, as is the rear seats with the trunk pass-through. Other parts are only available from Australia; and upgraded leather-wrapped steering wheel, deck lid spoiler, illuminated fender heat extractors, etc., but you can get them.

I'm loving my '12. Haven't done much with it yet, but the pile of parts is getting bigger. Just gotta get time away from the Firebird so I can get the Caprice in the air.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CrashTestDummy
Old post, but the Caprice is a longer wheelbase than the G8 OR the SS. On the plus side, they're really roomy in the back seat. Depending on how you roll, they come with fewer options (which you can pick and choose from other cars). I kind of like the lack of electronic stuff that's just going to fail in the long run.

There are a LOT of parts that are interchangeable with the Caprice; the diff pumpkin from a Camaro or SS is a drop in, suspension parts from a G8 are a drop in, as is the rear seats with the trunk pass-through. Other parts are only available from Australia; and upgraded leather-wrapped steering wheel, deck lid spoiler, illuminated fender heat extractors, etc., but you can get them.

I'm loving my '12. Haven't done much with it yet, but the pile of parts is getting bigger. Just gotta get time away from the Firebird so I can get the Caprice in the air.
Did you buy yours used? Just curious on pricing, they seem to be kind of all over.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Yep. It used to be a Wisconsin police or sheriff's car. Bought it from a company that specializes in retired police vehicles. The same place we got our '10 Tahoe PPV from. It had about 86K miles on the clock, and we paid $16K for it. With less than 100K miles on them they seem to go for about $2K less. Had it shipped from the dealer in Florida to the Houston area for about $650.

It's a fun, comfy car. Can't wait to get to really modding it. So far, we've just been replacing worn/broken interior parts, upgrading where we can. I've already added the Statesman leather wrapped steering wheel, and leather covered shift ****.

Prices for them are all over the map, though. I've seen some pick up high-mileage cars for $8K-$9K, and drive them thousands of miles home with no issues. Mid-teens seems to be about average, though.

Last edited by CrashTestDummy; 02-22-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Chevy Caprice PPV...