Holden Performance Australian LS1 Powered Vehicles

holden in US?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 02:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holden in US?

any holdens in the western US? would love to have a chance to comb over one. some neat stuff in pics...
Old 02-05-2005, 04:27 AM
12 Second Club

Actually and to be honest with you we in the middleeast (gulf area) , got these holdens from 1999 , here in the U.S you got another version of holdens which is the GTO , which has ecaxtly the same interor and exteror and also performance .Even though , they are not high quality maded from alot of sides so i prefer the origenal US GM f-bodies.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Veteran

The only Holden you're likely to see in the US is the Pontiac GTO, which is the Monaro.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

I hate these fake holdens . GM , give us back our f-bodies immediatley
Old 02-08-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen a lumina SS here in florida. sweet car.

Ryan.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:47 AM
Teching In

Default ozy holdens

check out this web site we do make verry good cars here.www. hsv.com.au or www.ls1.com.au, enjoy the view ,my car in australia is a ,vxseries 2 hsv clubsport,255kw, if you like to check out some clasic old holden race cars ,look at www. bathurst.com.au, cheers dave
Old 02-20-2005, 05:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by prostock_bigblock
I hate these fake holdens . GM , give us back our f-bodies immediatley
beleive me bud its not the F-body its the monster inside . want me to prove that to u just meet me anywhere !
Old 02-20-2005, 06:50 AM
12 Second Club

Hahahahahaaha , we had these cars in middleast(gulf area) from 99 (6 years almost)powered by ls1 and ls6 engines , and we had known all the weaknesses in this car , although you wll discover what I am talking about few years later , I know this is a new car here in US , so enjoy the fake f-bodys ,I agree with u about the monster inside the hood . but dont forget that cars is not all about engines .

Ya if u see me in the street you well find out what i am talking about.

Located ==========> NC
Old 02-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Is there any way to get a front bumper, grill and hood from a Monaro to fit a GTO here. I think Monaro's look way better then GTO's.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:08 AM
TECH Veteran

you all see the holden elco look alike?
Old 02-21-2005, 05:38 AM
On The Tree

holden was released in gulf in the middle of 1998 as Chevrolet Lumina
later in the begining of year 2000 LUMINA SS was released with ls1 under the hood so its being 5 years not 6 years .. not the issue ...
about u know the secrets or whatever u were describing .. thats bull **** u know nothing u just hear from other people here in the gulf area .. why they are saying that ? cause they are burning inside ... how come a 4 door car can beat them .. the ideal F-body has a lighter weight than the holden in around 100 kg .. thats why stock f body beats holden .. our talk is rollin in the aftermarket manipulation .. i do love and respect the great F-Body and its has been a dream to me when i was i child until now ( i owned one 3 years ago ) and i cant forget the sensation .

at the end when u talk american cars its all about the drive train nothing else except when u wanna reach something big .. until then i hope that u live in riyadh saudi arabia to let u believe by force what is HOLDEN ..

thank u ..
Old 02-21-2005, 07:03 PM
12 Second Club

I dont know who r u , but I know all the guys there in riyadh , and I know all the lumina ss guys there . In addition I could tell you their mods also . Try to choose a good words while u talk to people . We r here to give out our opinions and discussing our situations about ls1`s . Listen man your bull **** that you are talking about is my study major in the U.S (MOTORSPORT ENGINEERING) , I am a part of ( Inter-Collegate Auto Racing) , in addition my study concentrate on these listed things (power plants ,vibrating system, Intermediate dynamics ,'' vehicle Aerodynamic" , road vehicle dynamic and a lot more that u didnot hear about ) ,tell me what kind of racing knowledge u got from SaudiArabia (is it street chating or going to HAKEEM GARAGE , I owned 3 holdens in the KSA and 4 F-bodies and I worked great on them . And when I talked about the holdens I didnt mean the performance side only , One of my projects this year is the Development of ls1`s in AU , and I did alot of researches . However , as u said that I hear from people .. do u know me to say that!?!??!!? r u crazy ?? I did my own mods in the early 2000 on holdens , using the ls1 US after market parts . later on My best friend (JEHAD) started the tuning project and I learned from him many things using both HPtuners and LS1 edit . I have been in a lot of Drag racing tracks in the US (Rockingham dragway , Coastal Plains Dragway, Farmington Dragway , Mooresville Dragway....... and a lot also out NC . Therefore , I saw many F-body and GTO cars out there , wait ... I reliazid something .. SaudiArabia ... I laughed alot on their stupid mods and the way they think about drag racing , On the other hand , there r still good few guys out there , I am sure u r the one who know nothing there . Come to USA and we well show u a plenty of *** KICKERS in the streets and in dragways waiting for a guy like u ....., PLZZ dont mention riyadh lumina they r discusting I Have see them and their performance ...

Old 02-22-2005, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

mr expert maaan u r sucks , JEHAD and hakeem man wallahi inta miskeen , u know what !! take ur time studying and please come back home safe and ill let u know.. i already know u .. and sadly its not u the big expert i know .. u were one cocky talker .. U.S drags .. ive been there before u born .. take ur time ur time studying mr expert **** .. ill remind u and i will laugh .. dont waste ur time i wont reply or read anything coming from u .. u liar ! and u know what i mean ..
Old 02-22-2005, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA , Highly expert people?????? goes for holdens ,,hahahahahah , thats cool man , I wish I could be like u some time
Old 12-15-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

This thread has some of the worst typed english I've ever read in a forum. I can't understand a damn thing that has been said here. English typed this badly with the use of "u" in place of "you" is just LAZY. You don't need perfect grammer or spelling skills, but you can't effectively communicate with such broken english. Your insults to each other don't even come out right.

The GTO and the Monaro are practically the same thing. Except, for some appearance stuff. Plus none of our GTO's are 4 door sedans. Which in my book is a good thing. All of the GTO's have leather interior and are well equipped. They are also equipped the same. The only real choice or option is in the transmission. So the Holden vehicle is more versitile for sure. It would by nature appeal to more people and target markets. The GTO is a sports coupe. Nothing else. Almost a pure performance vehicle with some refinement. The F-Body on the otherhand is a kickass all business yet dated design. The F-Bodies lack of versitility and technological sophistication made it's sales decline over the years. Finally, GM had no more place for it in thier lineup.

The LS1 F-Bodies can no doubt beat a stock Monaro or GTO with an LS1 engine inside. Even though the ones that went into the GTO's are rated at 45HP more. There is about a 400lbs weight difference in favor of the F-Body.

However, for the person that was commenting on the stock F-Body outrunning a stock GTO, you'll find that is not the case when you go up against an LS2 based GTO. The F-Body and the Monaro/GTO are very much comparable to each other. I think the LS2 powered GTO's can be taken into the 12's easier than the F-Bodies typically can be.

As far as looks go, I'd have to say that the exterior of the F-Body is alot cooler looking than the GTO or Monaro. When it comes to the build quality of the car, or the interior and interior features, the Holden's and GTO's have the F-Body beat. Lets not also forget that in high torque and horsepower situations the Monaro/GTO has a much stronger chassis. It won't need SFC's nearly as quickly as a F-Body will.

Finally, the Holden based GTO is MUCH better built than any American car I've ever been in or owned. The quality of workmanship is something more American branded cars should aspire to. The GTO is in MANY ways superior to the F-Body it replaced. GM doesn't need to bring the F-Body back as it was. This comes from someone who grew up with them, and has personally owned two of them.

Having owned both, that's my take on the subject.

Last edited by Firehawk0220; 12-15-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

The Lumina SS in FL you are talking about belongs to a guy I know named Sultan. His father works for the ambasador to the US from Saudi. The car is located in Daytona Beach and carries Department of State tags. He used to go to Embry-Riddle, but now attends Daytona Beach C.C. The car has 3" exhaust as its only moddification and went 13.60's when we all went to the track about 2 yrs ago.

As far as the LS2 GTO vs F-Body on 7 (all at Gainesville Raceway) different runs against them the score for me is F-body 7, LS2 GTO 0. And yes all were LS2, by roomate has a LS1 GTO, no contest.

Here's some pics of the Lumina in Daytona:

Here's my buddy Eddie's (his American name) new Lumina SS in Dubai:

Last edited by LSWon00; 12-19-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Firehawk0220
Finally, the Holden based GTO is MUCH better built than any American car I've ever been in or owned. The quality of workmanship is something more American branded cars should aspire to. The GTO is in MANY ways superior to the F-Body it replaced. GM doesn't need to bring the F-Body back as it was. This comes from someone who grew up with them, and has personally owned two of them.

Having owned both, that's my take on the subject.
I had a 97 WS6 and now own an 04 GTO....I agree with you completely that the Goat is much nicer....however lets remember the F-body was Canadian
Old 12-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Launching!

And why in the heck are we Americans stuck with the FWD Impalla/MC!!! I could never understand GM.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by USMC Devil Dog
And why in the heck are we Americans stuck with the FWD Impalla/MC!!! I could never understand GM.
Neither do I. Who does anyway? I bet half the GM employee's don't understand GM either.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:28 AM
Teching In

here are a few you dont have but should.

This does 11's with a GenT Turbo (2012kg)

11's cam only for the ute.

Quick Reply: holden in US?