Holden Performance Australian LS1 Powered Vehicles

what cold air kits can you buy for the Monaro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 01:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what cold air kits can you buy for the Monaro?

Can anybody give me any links for aftermarket parts from Australia?
Old 02-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Oz Director

Default Re: what cold air kits can you buy for the Monaro?

This is the best in the market.
http://www.holdenls1.com/index51.html
Anyway the Monaro comes it own CAI standard, it is a plastic shield behind the headlight.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for that link bro. That CAI looks pretty cool. How much rwhp does it give? I just had a friend return from the land down under. She was mainly on the east coast. She also took a trip over to New Zealand. I can't wait to go over to your fine country someday. I'm a regional airline pilot so hopefully it won't cost to much to plan a trip. It will be real interesting to see all your types of cars. I've heard so many great things about Australia. Later mate.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Banned

Theres a kit that acctually mounts over radiator shrowd and redirects air around to the box....

Hopfully there will be some kind of strait on ram air

Jon
Old 02-06-2003, 03:04 AM
Oz Director

Can not really say, but the best on the market for cold air to the GEN 3, as the it is very hot here and every bit of cold is a bonus to the engine as it love cold air.
The land down under is a beautiful place to see, and do things, we have plenty of rear wheel drive cars here with v8 under the bonnet too, you love it here one of the best place on earth as far as i willing to comment on it.
Catch you down under one day.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ss1le02:
<strong> Thanks for that link bro. That CAI looks pretty cool. How much rwhp does it give? I just had a friend return from the land down under. She was mainly on the east coast. She also took a trip over to New Zealand. I can't wait to go over to your fine country someday. I'm a regional airline pilot so hopefully it won't cost to much to plan a trip. It will be real interesting to see all your types of cars. I've heard so many great things about Australia. Later mate. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Old 02-06-2003, 03:22 AM
Oz Director

There is but found to restricted the inlet and reduce the horsepower at WOT.

Personally you are wasting your time, if you want horsepower, go for SAS pipe or the cheap CAI on the Monaro as a stock item.
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Speed Inc Webmaster:
<strong> Theres a kit that acctually mounts over radiator shrowd and redirects air around to the box....

Jon </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Old 02-06-2003, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Speed Inc Webmaster:
<strong> Theres a kit that acctually mounts over radiator shrowd and redirects air around to the box....

Jon </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jon, and I'll be the one to design it. I talked to Tom the other day about the cam after I e-mailed you. We got things straight.

Supersucker Al

Quick Reply: what cold air kits can you buy for the Monaro?