Danny Popp's C3 Corvette.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 02:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Danny Popp's C3 Corvette.

Did anyone see under the hood of Danny Popp's blue C3 Corvette this weekend? I saw it driving around all weekend but I never caught it with the hood up. I seen that car in Chevy High Performance in April and the car had a small block chevy in it.

Here is a link to the artical.
http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/fe...ette_stingray/
Old 09-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Did anyone see under the hood of Danny Popp's blue C3 Corvette this weekend? I saw it driving around all weekend but I never caught it with the hood up. I seen that car in Chevy High Performance in April and the car had a small block chevy in it.

Here is a link to the artical.
http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/fe...ette_stingray/

The car has a 388 Lingenfelter short block with ls7 heads. Not sure on all the specs and it has holley efi. it screams at 8k rpm's
Old 09-11-2013, 07:05 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by brownz
The car has a 388 Lingenfelter short block with ls7 heads. Not sure on all the specs and it has holley efi. it screams at 8k rpm's
Very nice! The car sounded amazing. What kindof intake manifold was on it?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeremy, Have Rodney give you my # and I'll shoot the shiet about it with you...The engine is a destroked LS7 built by our friends at Lingenfelter. It has the Holley EFI, port fuel with the carbrueted LS7 GM intake manifold. IT is in fact and 8k+ rpm motor , pulls like a freight train when on camshaft. Those Lingenfelter guys know what they are doing .

I want to talk to you guys about the next mod I am gonna do to it anyway, getting the Muncie out and putting properly geared T56 in..
Old 09-11-2013, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Jeremy, Have Rodney give you my # and I'll shoot the shiet about it with you...The engine is a destroked LS7 built by our friends at Lingenfelter. It has the Holley EFI, port fuel with the carbrueted LS7 GM intake manifold. IT is in fact and 8k+ rpm motor , pulls like a freight train when on camshaft. Those Lingenfelter guys know what they are doing .

I want to talk to you guys about the next mod I am gonna do to it anyway, getting the Muncie out and putting properly geared T56 in..
I will have to do that. I love the car. I've wanted a 68-72 C3 with an LS7 in it for years. It sounds freakin amazing!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER

Why did they de-stroke the LS7? Was it so you could rev it to the moon?
Also, wouldn't an LS2 or LS3 block been better suited for that stroke? Seems like a lot of $$ to spend on an LS7 just to de-stroke it but at this level these guys have really deep pockets so I'm sure it was not an issue, but what would be the advantages of using a de-stroked LS7 over a similarly built LS2 or LS3? Heads are heads and can be worked to death, what the short block advantages because I'm sure that LS7's rotating assembly was not from GM!! :-) I would like to build a high rever too but need drivbility too, you mentioned it goes on the camshaft which means its a low end piggy at low rpm & speed probably? Thanks in advance

MS
Scottsdale, AZ
Old 05-16-2014, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Big bore for the big heads and airflow of the Ls7. Danny's the kind of guy that leaves the engine hanging out at 6500 mid corner and needs the overhead so it will comfortably run it out to 8000 as he comes out onto a straight and bangs the next gear. Less disruptive to the tires. Horsepower is a bit easier to control than torque if that makes any sense.

Quick Reply: Danny Popp's C3 Corvette.