Question About 1st Round Of Eliminations

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question About 1st Round Of Eliminations

A little dilemma from my trip to LS Holley Fest this past weekend.

Time shots my sixty foots were 1.73 - 1.74. First round on Sunday I was .001 on the tree. My sixty foot was off by a tenth. After first round, many people came to me and asked me the same question about the reaction time and there sixty foot. Someone told me the starting line beams were hit on Saturday. Long story short, most people were going red and there sixty foots were off by a tenth on Sunday compared to Friday and Saturday. Second round I went -.022 red with my sixty foot 1.84. I shallow staged a little less to prevent a red light. Third round I stage shallow again and went .008 red. My sixty foot was off by .07. Strange, I am very disappointed. Not that I am crying over it, but there was a huge problem. Mr. Calabrese told me that there were 8 red lights in the right lane and 5 in the left lane. There were about 75 vehicles in the class. I think I have enough seat time to know what the car should run. On round two, I just put the top bulb out and left at 2,000 rpm's. I should have been dead late. I was .008 red. This is not computing in my head right now. There is a glitch. No one will admit it.

I made no changes to the car from Saturday to Sunday. The weight was almost the same, the weather was not far off from Friday or Saturday's time shots.

I also thought maybe I was rolling the beams. Danny Nicely was at the starting line for round two and three. He said that my front tires/or car did not more when I was staged.

Anyone else have a strange experience Sunday morning?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I red lighted Sunday in the left lane first round and I didn't red light all weekend nor do I normally redlight
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this for both of you guys, it was very frustrating to watch i can only imagine how you guys felt.

Quick Reply: Question About 1st Round Of Eliminations