Your suggestions for 2014 LS Fest - Post in here!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap meet

I know there's not much room but how about a spot for swap meet parts
Old 03-05-2014, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

i agree with everything being said in here, definitely need more classes in show and shine had a friend of mine in under construction with a 67 camaro that just had a fresh swap and the paint was still sticky, and didnt have no interior besides a drivers seat person that won was a late model gto that had a cowl hood that needed to be painted lol
Old 03-05-2014, 02:25 AM
On The Tree

and about track prep beech bend is my home track and honestly it doesnt get much better i honestly dont know how they get the events that they get
Old 03-05-2014, 04:47 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by powermaster
I know there's not much room but how about a spot for swap meet parts
Swap meet would be great.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Just another comment about DW people coming in on Sunday....the cars were cool to see, yes.....but not so cool clogging up the return road all Sunday so racers had a tough time getting back to the pits.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miss.mod.46
Just another comment about DW people coming in on Sunday....the cars were cool to see, yes.....but not so cool clogging up the return road all Sunday so racers had a tough time getting back to the pits.
Won't have to worry bout that this year.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Teching In

We need a STICK shift class...
Old 04-03-2014, 08:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is my situation, and it may be somewhat unique but I suspect there are quite a few builds that are similar. I have a '69 Nova that has evolved from a full street car to it's current configuration with a twin turbo 408 LS engine. With the relatively easy access to 4-digit boosted power these days, many of us end up with street/strip cars that have limited venues for competing.

I attended LS Fest 2013 and entered True Street and Rumble. I appreciate the purpose of the True Street class to give a wide variety of cars a class in which to compete, however I just don't really like the idea of hot lapping 3 passes. Reaction times are irrelevant and racing a clock just isn't the same as running another car right next to you.

Consider adding a "True Street Shoot-Out" for LS Fest 2014 where 8 cars are selected (either the top ETs or a group that have very close ETs) and then they are entered into a heads-up "feature" race (think Pink's All-out).

Basically I'm looking for a little more incentive to attend LS Fest 2014. For 2013 I tech'd my car at 10.00 due to my 8-point roll bar. In order for me to run a full out ¼ mile pass I'll have to upgrade to a 10-point cage and add a parachute. While I do intend to upgrade the cage, I'm really not very interested in adding a parachute. But if LS Fest were to offer a heads-up venue for my street car, I will add the necessary equipment to certify. Attending and participating in a weekend event like LS Fest is a fantastic experience, but there are still gaps for those of us who aren't competitive in Real Street or the other heads-up classes.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to speak.
Clyde
Old 04-03-2014, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 69ls6
We need a STICK shift class...
Check out the sealed crate engine class thread. This will give guys running manual trans cars to compete heads up. This class is not for everyone tho cause there will be no modifications to the engine. Check out coyote stock videos to give you an idea of what it's like.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its already been said but a swap meet area would be great!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy406
Here is my situation, and it may be somewhat unique but I suspect there are quite a few builds that are similar. I have a '69 Nova that has evolved from a full street car to it's current configuration with a twin turbo 408 LS engine. With the relatively easy access to 4-digit boosted power these days, many of us end up with street/strip cars that have limited venues for competing.

I attended LS Fest 2013 and entered True Street and Rumble. I appreciate the purpose of the True Street class to give a wide variety of cars a class in which to compete, however I just don't really like the idea of hot lapping 3 passes. Reaction times are irrelevant and racing a clock just isn't the same as running another car right next to you.

Consider adding a "True Street Shoot-Out" for LS Fest 2014 where 8 cars are selected (either the top ETs or a group that have very close ETs) and then they are entered into a heads-up "feature" race (think Pink's All-out).

Basically I'm looking for a little more incentive to attend LS Fest 2014. For 2013 I tech'd my car at 10.00 due to my 8-point roll bar. In order for me to run a full out ¼ mile pass I'll have to upgrade to a 10-point cage and add a parachute. While I do intend to upgrade the cage, I'm really not very interested in adding a parachute. But if LS Fest were to offer a heads-up venue for my street car, I will add the necessary equipment to certify. Attending and participating in a weekend event like LS Fest is a fantastic experience, but there are still gaps for those of us who aren't competitive in Real Street or the other heads-up classes.

Clyde
You dont need a chute until you trap over 150mph
Old 04-09-2014, 08:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy406

Clyde

I have been pulling for another class to cover the gap between Rumble and Real Street. A class that is still heads up that will give the guys that aren't competitive in R/S an opportunity to race heads up and not have to have a 50K car.

Biggest issue is event time and more so a "Class Sponsor"
Old 04-09-2014, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I agree Eric! You could really get cars if you had that middle class. Also need to talk to you about my car and future of it!!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by koolrayz
You dont need a chute until you trap over 150mph
I'm pretty sure my car will be over 150 mph on a full out pass. It went 143 mph on my soft tune when I dialed it down to 10.00 for the Rumble class. It actually turned out to be quite competitive leaving on 2 psi without any wheel spin and then making up for the soft launch with a hard charge at the big end.

Originally Posted by ssvert99
Biggest issue is event time and more so a "Class Sponsor"
You are absolutely correct. The dragstrip already stays "booked up" during LS Fest. The existing heads up classes draw in the spectators and True Street & Rumble already provide opportunities for the street cars. So maybe not a complete new class but just a shootout to allow a small number of hand selected (i.e. competitive ETs) street cars compete in a heads-up race...
Old 04-13-2014, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

John, I've been coming to LS Fest since the first one. We usually get there a day early and like to go ahead and take the car to the track so we don't have to haul it around or leave it on the trailer in the motel parking lot. In the past we have never had any trouble getting in to leave the car and trailer but this past year when we showed up they told us that we couldn't take it in and unload it till all of the vendors had got in and set up, not sure why since we would not have be in there way. They did let us unload the trailer in the grass behind the fence but had to come back that afternoon to move it. We were pre registered so there was no worry of us getting in with out paying. One way to fix the crazy long line that happened last year would be, if you were to pre register that the packet would be sent to you in the mail along with wrist bands and all the other stuff that is given at registration. This would eliminate any problem getting in when ever you may arrive. Yes it may be a little more cost to mail out packets to participants but I would be willing to pay a few extra bucks to get it in the mail and not have to wait to get in. The first year the early registration was done at the host hotel where wrist bands and goody bags were issued to prevent any hold ups.

I don't have a high horse power car by no means but I could even tell that this past year the track was not prepped as well as it had been in past years.

If we had a true pre registration maybe we could have an extra test and tune on Thursday since it seems that several folks show up on that day.

Swap meet area would also be great.

BBQ was great the last time they had it so thumbs up for Friday night BBQ.

Grudge race would be cool too.

Sorry for rambling on but thanks for listening.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Pro Auto, all good ideas there. The line to get in on Friday is ginormous and there needs to be a different approach to that this year. That one road gets clogged up, I'll see about opening up two, one for folks registering and one for pre-registered.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There you go Thursday pre-registration and TNT.
Friday nite BBQ and grudge racing.
That might could be worked out this year.
But track prep is the main thing, no sense coming if you can't hook.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:22 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Rollie Miller from NMCA is in charger of the track and he's gotten great review at the other races that he's managed this year. So fingers crossed.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:54 AM
Teching In

+1 on truck class, friend has a Lingenfelter Reaper that should be ready were going to run. I love LSFEST was in the motor swap last year will be there this year and every year !!!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Pro Auto, all good ideas there. The line to get in on Friday is ginormous and there needs to be a different approach to that this year. That one road gets clogged up, I'll see about opening up two, one for folks registering and one for pre-registered.

There was no way for people who pre registered to get past all the others who were not pre registered due to the traffic jam getting in there.
This really needs to be adressed this year so that does not happen again.

Quick Reply: Your suggestions for 2014 LS Fest - Post in here!!