Heads Up LS Powered Full Size Truck Class at LSFest2k15

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to participate but my truck is neither a full size nor finished maybe finished or just testable by the ls fest. There are a number of guys running fast full size trucks here in tx but a lot more running mini trucks.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:47 AM
On The Tree

Oh yeah and I'll be lucky to be in the tens. Nice, close maybe, but I figure low 11's built 5.3.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blown06
I was thinking over 3600lbs. There is only 1 full size that I know of that would come in under, and it would come in way under. Spike's truck is something like 2900lbs. Tube chassis deal. So the 3600lb weight limit would be not be limiting at all really. It's pretty tough to get these things that light, especially with FI. 10.99 to qualify would certainly make the field larger, but I'm not sure how many of the 10 sec guys would participate knowing that there are 8 sec trucks in the class. It's real hard to put together something like this when there are not a ton of folk racing full size pick up trucks. We have I think 4 races a year down here in Texas that are full size truck deals, but they are pretty low key as far as money and social exposure. I was thinking it would be fun to do one at a high caliber event such as lsfest.

I can pretty much tell right now it aint gonna happen. It was a cool thought and there are plently guys down here in the South that would be down for it, they just don't post on the forums much so it is pretty much impossible to use a thread to prove interest. Then on top of that you have guys that don't even have a car (truck in this case) posting negative ****. I never got a dollar figure from PSJ anyway on what we would need if this thing were to happen.

We'll just keep it down here in the dirty south unless some act of God happens.
YOu just have to open up the class a little to make it work for everyone....What would work for Fast Guys and slower guys to make it fun for all yet not a damn bracket class....because bracket racing sucks. Id love to not only see this class happen, Id love to run it, and I would be more than willing to help promote it and work on making it work....we just all have to work together and not against each other. Sorry if my words were harsh....I just felt almost discriminated against with your statements. LEts work together to make this work....We have to get Pro Stock John involved and onboard as well....Lets brainstorm Rules and such....Itll obviously be something totally different that's likely not been done before. What do these big truck races and such do?
Old 01-26-2015, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blown06
It's better to be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt.
Your wisdom has proven this I see.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:49 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MattKatz
YOu just have to open up the class a little to make it work for everyone....What would work for Fast Guys and slower guys to make it fun for all yet not a damn bracket class....because bracket racing sucks. Id love to not only see this class happen, Id love to run it, and I would be more than willing to help promote it and work on making it work....we just all have to work together and not against each other. Sorry if my words were harsh....I just felt almost discriminated against with your statements. LEts work together to make this work....We have to get Pro Stock John involved and onboard as well....Lets brainstorm Rules and such....Itll obviously be something totally different that's likely not been done before. What do these big truck races and such do?
Hell yeah, man. Like I said, I'm down for whatever it would take. What do you think would be a good start on some rules?
Old 01-28-2015, 01:50 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by thewrx
Your wisdom has proven this I see.
I understand man. Lets get back on track now.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:08 PM
Teching In

What is this truck class you speak of, called and where can i find the rules
Old 02-09-2015, 09:54 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

It's a proposed class funnytruck93.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

This would be a easy 8 sec class lol. That TBSS is no joke! And OP truck is no joke. But I love the idea and would be fun to watch full size vehicles duke it out.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Teching In

So there's no truck classes down south you can run a BBC
Old 02-10-2015, 01:20 AM
8 Second Truck Club

At the events we have down south, there are typically two classes. One is ls motors only in fullsize trucks.......the other is no rules......just has to be a truck. At the event in San Antonio last year, I ran both classes.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:35 AM
Teching In

How's the turn out for the ''no rules class'' and where can i find the dates. thanks
Old 02-11-2015, 12:29 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Man, it really depends on which race it is. But usually anywhere from 8-12 trucks in the no rules class. There are always a group of trucks that could run in this class, but for whatever reason they don't participate.

The ls truck shootout sponsered by Nelson Performance in San Antonio is usually the last weekend of February and is held at SAR. SAR is closed so this year it is in Edinberg.

The HPT truck shootout is usually the first weekend in April and then another in October and is held at RPR.

Bayou Drag is usually in May at Lonestar in Sealy. This is a cars and trucks race, but they have a truck only class.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

If you broke it up into two different time requirements I'm positive that there would be a lot more interest, 10.99-faster no holds bar rules and 11.00-slower True Street rules. Nothing against you guys with faster trucks, but a lot of trucks don't fit into the faster catagory and there would a higher truck count for the class as a whole. I'm going regardless with my truck with my On3 kit hopfully.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the response. I tried searching and only found the Edinburg race. Which tracks do you prefer going to overall.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:57 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Well my first choice would be Royal Purple Raceway as it is in my backyard. However, the two truck races they have there every year are quiet rowdy.

I've run very good at SAR too.

Track prep in Sealy can be very good, but usually isn't.

My best ET ever is in Sealy. My best 60' ever is at SAR.

Quick Reply: Heads Up LS Powered Full Size Truck Class at LSFest2k15