Convention Center Meet Up

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Convention Center Meet Up

Can anyone explain why all the police officers were at the convention center Saturday night? It looked as if they did not have any authority to ask us to leave the property, but if permission was given for the gathering why were they there in the first place?

To me it seems very silly as well as irresponsible to tie up five squad cars in one location for hours where no crime is being committed and no citations are being issued.

Apparently the Bowling Green police department is overstaffed and some budget cuts should be made. Paying 5 cops to stand around and talk to each other is definitely a kick in the teeth to the taxpayers.

Perhaps the crime that was committed at the race track (seats stolen from the C10 in front of the Holley trailer) would not have happened if the police were patrolling the grounds there instead of standing around for hours doing nothing.

Only plus side to this is that we knew where most of the cops were...
Old 09-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Teching In

I agree 100%.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:07 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually went over and talked to them.

They were there because people did call and report burnouts being done, which is true... lots of people felt the need to light em up as they left to go do other activities. So they were there because they realized that left alone, things probably would have escalated like they had in the past with people doing smokey burnouts in the parking lots. You have to remember, there are a bunch of hotels in that area, not just the Holiday INN.

Why was there 5, because of the large number of us that were there. Think about it. If something happened, and someone got out of hand, started running his mouth, got himself arrested, how safe would it be to have one or two cops there? Put yourself in their situation.

If you're upset that you weren't able to put on a smoke show or get wild, well, you could have rolled out and done that elsewhere. For those of us responsible people, it was a good time, even with the cops there.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

What I am upset about is gross misuse of tax dollars, has nothing to do with smokey burnouts... Great that you immediately jump to that conclusion though.

I don't remember the last time I even did a burn out outside of a drag strip, melting down 345 drag radials at $700 a set isn't exactly fun.....

I stayed for about 2 hours before leaving with a small group for some highway fun, just too bad it was too cold for any sort of traction, even from a 80mph roll..

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I actually went over and talked to them.

They were there because people did call and report burnouts being done, which is true... lots of people felt the need to light em up as they left to go do other activities. So they were there because they realized that left alone, things probably would have escalated like they had in the past with people doing smokey burnouts in the parking lots. You have to remember, there are a bunch of hotels in that area, not just the Holiday INN.

Why was there 5, because of the large number of us that were there. Think about it. If something happened, and someone got out of hand, started running his mouth, got himself arrested, how safe would it be to have one or two cops there? Put yourself in their situation.

If you're upset that you weren't able to put on a smoke show or get wild, well, you could have rolled out and done that elsewhere. For those of us responsible people, it was a good time, even with the cops there.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:54 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by breecher_7
What I am upset about is gross misuse of tax dollars, has nothing to do with smokey burnouts... Great that you immediately jump to that conclusion though.

I don't remember the last time I even did a burn out outside of a drag strip, melting down 345 drag radials at $700 a set isn't exactly fun.....

I stayed for about 2 hours before leaving with a small group for some highway fun, just too bad it was too cold for any sort of traction, even from a 80mph roll..
I didn't jump to any conclusions... I witnessed them being done, by the slow kids in stock cars, and called it that the cops would be showing up in a short amount of time.... and sure enough, they rolled in within 15-20 minutes.

I'm with you, I run 305/30/19 Toyo R888s, at almost $400 each, burnouts are just expensive, and not really impressive when you make north of 800rwhp.

Be happy that there were 5 cops there, because that means there were less elsewhere for you to make some highway runs.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still had a blast... Even with the idiots being idiots while pulling out.

I stayed until 1AM I believe. We did have written permission from the convention center to be there and is why they didn't ask anyone to leave.

I had zero issues with them being there. I did have an issue with the way they responded to me calling them gentlemen and politely asking them to scoot one car up a few feet so people could get out of the parking lot easily instead of having to back up 3-4 times in a small lane only to turn around and drive back from where they came to exit somewhere else.
I responded with an equally ******* comment that they gave me.

I like police officers and have absolutely no issues with them... Alchemist says they were fine with him when he went over there. They were grade A fuckbois replying to me.

I have never had a peaceful encounter with a BG officer. Last year one threatened to take me to jail if I didn't immediately get in my vehicle...... I had 20 Boosted LSX tshirts I was selling in my hand. Watch out, huge issue there.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:13 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I had absolutely zero issues with the cops, at least the shift commander. We actually were chatting for a good 15-20 minutes (honestly, I have no recollection of time that evening. I know I was out there pretty late).
Old 09-23-2015, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I had absolutely zero issues with the cops, at least the shift commander. We actually were chatting for a good 15-20 minutes (honestly, I have no recollection of time that evening. I know I was out there pretty late).
LOL

Yea you were over there for a good bit.

Then I heard.. Hey this cop is a mustang guy also... He wants to check out Matts car.

He got about 15' from it, saw it... Then turned directly around and walked away.
Think he got scared.

Quick Reply: Convention Center Meet Up