Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

Post up you PT mshaps!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Post up you PT mshaps!

Today, on the way to Springfield, I had one of my backing plate bolts come out of the rear and lodge itself in the rotor. fixed it at JC Whitney with 3 out of the 4 bolts left and locktited them down like a ****. then, while in springfield pulling a U turn, I hit a concrete flower pot, busting the headlight and turn signal light. and it is only the second day Gonna try and break the 4.10 rear tomorrow at Indy!
Old 06-05-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hang in there -- it's bound to get better. Look at it this way, at least you're on Power Tour! Wish we could be. Maybe next year........

Good luck the rest of the way.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:09 PM
FormerVendor

none so far... going strong.. even the 130k mile lt1 in the group is still riding

<---blacktransam
Old 06-07-2005, 01:10 PM
11 Second Club

Seen 4 or 5 cars stopped at the local NAPA when I went by today. Stopped in to talk to one of my budddies and he said that they have had a few with faulty Alternators stop in
Old 06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Other than a BAD oil leak on our 57 Chevy, so far no mishaps... We left INDY early monday and came home to fix it.... Now we are in Nashville with a very small oil leak now...MUUUUCCCHH better.

Did talk to a guy in Springfield Sunday in a 69 Shelby GT500 that had a crashed right front fender, he got hit in Springfield MO on the way to WI Friday...
Old 06-07-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

well im in the Opery land hotel (sp) right now! thus far my buddies 93 lightning is on the trailer for the rest of the tour. Its got a collapsed lifter and he does not want to attempt to fix it unless we get a good garage to work in. My camaro has been doing good kentucky state troopers though... ehh.. I was driving in a group of a dozen cars and got singled out to get a ticket. was doing 80 but got a ticket for doing 75 in a 65 and the rear seat passenger was sleeping and not wearing his seatbelt so I got nailed for that too. its in the end a $170 ticket. grrrr... oh well luck of the draw I'll post up a couple pics of the tour a bit later.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
well im in the Opery land hotel (sp) right now! thus far my buddies 93 lightning is on the trailer for the rest of the tour. Its got a collapsed lifter and he does not want to attempt to fix it unless we get a good garage to work in. My camaro has been doing good kentucky state troopers though... ehh.. I was driving in a group of a dozen cars and got singled out to get a ticket. was doing 80 but got a ticket for doing 75 in a 65 and the rear seat passenger was sleeping and not wearing his seatbelt so I got nailed for that too. its in the end a $170 ticket. grrrr... oh well luck of the draw I'll post up a couple pics of the tour a bit later.
Wish I would have known that today while I was at the house.. You all could have used my shop... After you all got it fixed we coulda put it on the dyno.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Retired Street Racer

more mishaps here. i got a ticket going from springfield to indy, going 80 in a 65. then, today, threw a code for the "A" solenoid. i have replaced the solenoids twice already. i am done with the 4l60e. time to go with a powerglide. But on the bright side, with my 4000 stall and 4.10 gear, i am averaging 20.5 mpg!
Old 06-08-2005, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

BlackTransAm threw an AC belt on the way to Indy, put the serpentine belt back on and we were off again.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My biggest mishap is trying to navigate indy. I let my father co pilot and we ploted an alternate route to the IRP. We would have made good time there, then the road signs are confusing and ended up spending 45 minutes trying to get back to the correct road. On the way out and back home, it seems like every 1/2 mile the name of the road changed. The map would say us2 the street would say Sycamore then 100s then 400s then as you find the interstate junction it would finally say us2. Indiana needs to invest in better signs to figure out where your going.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

navigating aroudn nashville... dad 'remembered' some **** from 20 years ago... no where to be found, but i know most roads aroudn there now..

oh ether gas sucks. talkign to a few guys today (blacktransam, vsgls1) i figured out why the bastard was running like a turd. backfiring and poping at wot.... running alot better now

oh and co pilot speaking... i keep "forgetting" to let my dad drive... i know its wrong but he still thinks he is driving something with 4spd and a mechanical linkage clutch...
Old 06-09-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

well today in Lower alabama a fricken truck filled with ashfault dumped a decent load of ashfault all over the highway right in front of us. I drove through it fine but the F350 towing the broken 93 lightning ended up with a cracked windsheild.

Also saw the remanints of a car that went off the road straight through a guard rail into a ditch.

Also the monsoon of a rainstorm where I could not see anything ahead of me. it was nuts!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sixvi6-camaro
well today in Lower alabama a fricken truck filled with ashfault dumped a decent load of ashfault all over the highway right in front of us. I drove through it fine but the F350 towing the broken 93 lightning ended up with a cracked windsheild.

Also saw the remanints of a car that went off the road straight through a guard rail into a ditch.
i got into that too....
nice cracked windshield aswell.....
Old 06-10-2005, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

You all haven't lived though untill you drive a 57 Chevy with skinnies on the front and 57 model windshield wipers through that monsoon...I was never so glad to see birmingham AL in all my life....
Old 06-10-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

i hit the asphalt truck as well, no damage though, just some paint chips on the rear, but nothing bad. anyone see the semi that went off the road on 231 in alabama

also got pulled over for doing a burnout at a traffic light in troy alabama. cop was light 20 ft away and i didnt see him. worked out ok though cause at the same intersection about 3 minutes later there was a big *** wreck, and the cop just gave me my **** back and ran over there.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
i hit the asphalt truck as well, no damage though, just some paint chips on the rear, but nothing bad. anyone see the semi that went off the road on 231 in alabama

also got pulled over for doing a burnout at a traffic light in troy alabama. cop was light 20 ft away and i didnt see him. worked out ok though cause at the same intersection about 3 minutes later there was a big *** wreck, and the cop just gave me my **** back and ran over there.

I did the same thing in Pigeon Forge one year in my S-10, cop was sitting 2 lanes to my left... Got a 150.00 Wreckless driving ticket too... plus 4 points on my license.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Fiery Features Director

We have had an extremely eventful time with the car. Everything was great until we jumped on it hard after Springfield. The temp. jumped up and wouldn't go down. We thought maybe I had a bubble in my cooling system. We open it up after the pressure went down to "release the bubble". The next day the car started to miss so we thought that it was a broken spring. We pull off the valve covers... nothing. Then we pull the plugs... nothing. Brian finally noticed that the coolant temp sensor was broken. The computer was dumping a bunch of fuel so he fixed that. We were again on our way. Every time we slowed down, the car would start heating up. At the next stop the car heated up so much that the spark plug wires were melting. Then we noticed that the steering rack was starting to get loose. We still haven't fixed that! Anyways, back to the heating problem.... We start up the car and a puff of white smoke. To make a long story short... leak in cylinder 4. We put in some stop leak and hopefully will make it home (staying out of boost). The oil level was about 2 quarts low We filled it back up and within two days already down another quart. Now we have to hunt down that leak. Poor car... I can't wait to get her home!
Old 06-10-2005, 10:18 PM
FormerVendor

Leaving with 300 miles on the engine and returning with over 3k miles...0 problems, just topped off the oil every 1000 miles.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brandon
navigating aroudn nashville... dad 'remembered' some **** from 20 years ago... no where to be found, but i know most roads aroudn there now..

Ya'll did lead me around for awhile
Old 06-12-2005, 12:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1BDWS6
Did talk to a guy in Springfield Sunday in a 69 Shelby GT500 that had a crashed right front fender, he got hit in Springfield MO on the way to WI Friday...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...66130514LBVuXM

Quick Reply: Post up you PT mshaps!