Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

Power Tour 2006 Photo Albums!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 07:03 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn, I've yet to see any pics of my car... I guess it's not exactly stunning or a 69 camaro....lol. I saw more 69 camaro's on the tour than I think I've seen in the previous 10 years.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a pic here for you.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Damn, I've yet to see any pics of my car... I guess it's not exactly stunning or a 69 camaro....lol. I saw more 69 camaro's on the tour than I think I've seen in the previous 10 years.
Hot Rod Power Tour (If you are not a 1st gen camaro we don't see you) Thats the full name of the event. Not many Mustangs at all. So I don't feel too bad. It is always cool when an old school guy wants to talk about a new car. My friend with the Mustang was like "there are so many fbodies..." He was kind of jealous there isn't a site to bring the stang people together like we have.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

i would guess that f-bodies and vettes(new and old) are a good 50% of the tour.

my power tour pics can be seen http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y22...7/powertour06/
Old 06-14-2006, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

my friend and i were saying the same thing....f-bodies definetly ruled power tour. i cant beleive there werent more cobras....i seen maye 4 differant ones the entire time compared to the hundreds of f-bodies representing.

if there are any power tour die hards that will be attending next year, we should get all the f-bodies together at the venues somehow to leave together. it would be awsome to see 30 or so f-bodys cruisin the highway all at once.

most we got on this tour at one time was about 12...complete with 3rd gens...4th gens and a couple a 1st gens.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

we had a nice f-body train goin between gainsville and perry for awhile. was cool seeing all them in the rear view. it would be awesome to get all the f-bodies together for a picture at least, if not cruise together
Old 06-15-2006, 05:30 AM
FormerVendor

Coming into Springfield last year...fun stuff.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:27 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

See, I had this idea for a photo shoot that I was trying to have happen.

We should have taken the concept camaro and surrounded it with f-bodies from each generation. That would have been one hell of a marketing tool for GM to use in future add campaigns.

Unfortunately, no one at the GM trailer or HotRod would listen to me since I didn't drive a 1st gen camaro...lol
Old 06-15-2006, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Phoenix 5.7
we had a nice f-body train goin between gainsville and perry for awhile. was cool seeing all them in the rear view. it would be awesome to get all the f-bodies together for a picture at least, if not cruise together
HA HA...i think that was the one im talkin about. i was amongst those f-bodies..lol
Old 06-15-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
See, I had this idea for a photo shoot that I was trying to have happen.

We should have taken the concept camaro and surrounded it with f-bodies from each generation. That would have been one hell of a marketing tool for GM to use in future add campaigns.

Unfortunately, no one at the GM trailer or HotRod would listen to me since I didn't drive a 1st gen camaro...lol
just wondering if you like your pic?
Old 06-16-2006, 06:26 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Yeah, the pic looks great, thanks for taking it.... it was a good time hanging out with all of the fellow car junkies, but especially the f-body guys. I had quite a few people come up and ask about the wheels and compliment me on how clean the car looked, it was refreshing.

I took a couple pics of your car as well. I love that color and was a little sad when I saw the color come out in 01 since I would have probably waited and gotten a SOM T/A instead of the pewter if I had waited another 3-4 months.

I'll try and post the pics tonight or this weekend.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

COOL I had been looking for a new car in 2001 and was looking for a yellow mustang at first but ford changed it to that pale yellow and the sales man was a jerk so i left and went over to the chevy dealer and saw a v6 camaro in som and knew it was for me. I wanted a som ss and they didnt have one. Then happen to pass a pontiac dealer and saw this baby. The only thing with this car it was a stick and i didnt know how to drive stick but i wanted this one. So i bought it before i know how to drive it. Not the best thing to do but i got major lucky.

It was real hard to get a picture taken from any of the vendors like year one or hot rod them selves even that i meet a bunch of them and my sis works for them. But no mater what i had a the best time on the tour and i'll go again when it gets closer to fl.

Glad you like the pic. Yea it feels good when someone comes up and askes about the car or takes a pic and posts it. I saw a som firehawk at occc and we taked for a bit and he was very cool and i told him i have a som ws6. He came over to mine and we talked there for a bit to. I tryed to take pictures of the newer cars but you just and pass up alot of the older cars like that chopped 49 merc with the flames.

Im going to see my dad this weekend (no computer there) he's back in the stone age. But i cant wait to see a pic.

I also meet phoeix 5.7 at gainsvile and talked for a bit. Cool meeting other tech heads.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

meeting people and talkin cars is my favorite thing about the power tour. i know i met anchemist and somws62001, and yall were both cool guys to talk to. i really didn't take hardly any pics of new cars cause i can look on 'tech and see those every day.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey phoenix is this your baby?

Old 06-17-2006, 03:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I talked to alchemist a few times, I even asked him to sell me is car, its that nice! Except for that little battery incident....jk!
I really didnt have a chance to talk to everyone, I had a group to keep up with.
I was stoked that so many 4th gens were on the tour, and the gang of berger cars were sweet!
I was pretty dissapointed on how hotrod handled the drag stops though, I was only able to make 1-2 passes at each stop. It really didnt matter though, I had a few hundred pounds of junk in the back and it was hotter than hell everyday.
I'm gona postpics soon, but I have to resize 267 pictures, so its taking forever
Old 06-17-2006, 07:17 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by ZTwentyAteU
I talked to alchemist a few times, I even asked him to sell me is car, its that nice! Except for that little battery incident....jk!
Oh don't remind me about the battery....

Prior to the tour I was going over my checklist of things to do to make sure I would be good, and one of the items was to make sure the battery cells were topped off with DI water. Well, I guess it was overfilled and with the heat of Florida it ended up overflowing a little. Needless to say, that side of the engine compartment and hood are a mess now. I plan on doing the !wire mod and then I'll polish everything over there as well and clean it back up. I just wish it didn't happen the day of the trip, I was embarressed to pop my hood each day, but oh well, I say f'it. That and a slightly flat spotted rim were the only bad things that happened so I'm ok with it, from what I saw it could have been worse.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is some good ones that I got in Gainesville

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-members/520180-power-tour-photos.html

I had a blast I was up with the GM cars for awhile and that red soltice with the LS7 is one of the best cars ever I think. Next time it comes to florida I will be doing the whole tour for sure.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Junkie

[QUOTE=SOMWS62001]hey phoenix is this your baby?

yup, thats my one and only
Old 06-17-2006, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

did someone say something about a group pic??

This was at a rest stop on the way to Perry I think.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Junkie

z28kitten, manage to keep the rims off of curves and in one piece?

Quick Reply: Power Tour 2006 Photo Albums!