Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

is it worth going

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default is it worth going

i've never been i might have my trans am done in time for the power tour. is it really that badass to go to?

- Scottie
Old 01-10-2007, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

I went 2 years ago and it was probably the most fun I've had with a "fun/project" car
Old 01-10-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well worth it, go if you can!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Ive been thinking about this all night and still cant deicide weather to go or not. I mean yea I would like to do the long haul but I will be riding alone and am a little worried about that. I know i will be surronded by other members and fellow hot rodders but its a good 900 miles for me to drive up to cleveland from jacksonville. i dont know i guess im just worried about nothing and i should stop wining and just go and deal.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Teching In

there is no way that i would even consider not going. i missed the last one do to things outside of my control but i'll be damned if i miss it this year. I'm taking the Z and my best friend is going (or i'll kick his ***) in his vette or supra. i can tell you this much, no matter what happens, it will be the most fun you've ever had in your car, f*cking included because no matter how good you are you can't do that for an entire week straight!

GO!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 95stsrider
Ive been thinking about this all night and still cant deicide weather to go or not. I mean yea I would like to do the long haul but I will be riding alone and am a little worried about that. I know i will be surronded by other members and fellow hot rodders but its a good 900 miles for me to drive up to cleveland from jacksonville. i dont know i guess im just worried about nothing and i should stop wining and just go and deal.
I went last year with Jeff Schwartz in his Ultima GTR... we drove from Chicago to Florida (straight - only stopping for fuel) to go.... it was a blast. This year I am desperately trying to get my Ultima over there to do it... and I live in Hong Kong....If I can manage the customs and registration minefeild I'm there .... 900 miles - huh!

If you're worried about driving alone - Im sure there's people here who'd love to go and would chip in for fuel..

Originally Posted by overBlown
f*cking included because no matter how good you are you can't do that for an entire week straight!
I guess that in a car like mine its not an interior, its a "cockpit"... strange word because I dont think there's even enough room to get a ******* in there let along a leg over.... its not going to stop me trying though
Old 01-23-2007, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

screw it im going to try and get my hotels today and see if i can get time off. where is everyone staying? I wasnt in the greatest of moods when i posted that before and now that everything is going a little better i need to just go. Ill let everybody know where im staying. peace Jeremy "LA"
Old 01-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Teching In

i don't know where i'm staying yet. i tend to be a procrastinator when it comes to these things for no real reason other than it always works out anyway. i usually stay at hotels right outside the city of the the venue to save money and avoid traffic. god i can't wait!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by overBlown
i don't know where i'm staying yet. i tend to be a procrastinator when it comes to these things for no real reason other than it always works out anyway. i usually stay at hotels right outside the city of the the venue to save money and avoid traffic. god i can't wait!
Check out the message board on hotrod.com there are postings over there in the power tour forum with details on different hotels and camping around the venues
Old 01-23-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

when does it start and end and where?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:39 PM
TECH Junkie

one word of warning about the Power Tour, its ****** addictive. 07 will be my 5th in a row. if u can possibly do it, go for it. and more than likely for the drive there or back, u can cruise with other ppl. im sure there are other kansas or ppl travelling from other states thru there goin on the tour.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

You could meet up with us. We are leaving Dallas Texas around 3:00 a.m. on Friday. We are driving all the way up to Indianapolis, Indiana (~900 miles). Maybe you could join our group in like Missouri or something.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

hell ya. but whats the date i dont have my car finished quite yet.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Yes, i went in 05 from millwaukee wi to florida, and back home to oklahoma long drive home but well worth every dime, i had a blast i will be going to the last 3 stops this year and the long haul again next year, and like everyone has said its addictive and a blast you will see some of the most awsome cars and some of the most strange and unusual cars, i dont thingk i probaly sall the same car twice there were so manny cars, i think everyone should go atleast one time, but we all know thats all it takes to get the ball rolling.

Quick Reply: is it worth going