Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

everyone made it home ok?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default everyone made it home ok?

im sure some of yall are still makin the drive home, but hope all yall make/made it home safe. i just got home after somewhere around 3200 mile round trip.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Got home around 7:30

right at 3700 miles for us.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:41 PM
10 Second Club

I got home around 7:00 only 400 miles for me

Gray,i guess i was to late to catch some of ya'll so i hung around and jump into the little rock car show and cruise.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

I made it home fine. Man it was nice to sleep in my own bed for change.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

we just made it back this morning......it was the week from hell......i'm gonna try to post an abridged version later......it was still cool, but man was it rough
Old 06-10-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Went 650 miles worth.. tire blew the sidewall out at 70 on I57 south of champaign on the way back, made it to the shoulder safely, all good right, just gunna throw on the donut for the remaining 50 miles. wrong. go to get the spare and i cant get the damn thing on for ****. Some reason or another it's the wrong spare, i bought the car used so Lord knows what happened. Call up a buddy who lives about 10 min. from where i'm at, so he brings his big *** turbo diesel F250 w/ a gooseneck to load my car on. He calls me and says he popped a tire on the way to get me... what are the odds. He puts his spare on and comes to get me. As we load the T/A onto the 5th wheel i scrape my front end and realize it wont fit. **** now not only do i still have no way to get home but i also have to have my front air damn repainted. Ended up driving around to about 10 different places before we found anything to help us out, which was actually a donut off a junked Camaro (at least it was free). That took a good 4 hrs. out of my day. Made it home.. and in one piece thankfully. Feel like i just got back from bullrun so now its time to start fixing my ****. How was everyone else's trip?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just make it home last night. We stoped in nashville to have a couple of drinks for my B-day. just at 3000mi round trip for me. I got the car together on wednsday before the tour after haveing it all apart, and only thing I did to it was I had the GM guys adjust my pinion angle for me. I for got to cange it from -4 for raceing to aorund 2, smothed it right out.

Oh I beet the hell out of the car most of the way also. So I am happy with it. Just wish I would of had the bottle hooked up.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Banned

made it home satuday night.....little rock to indianapolis 8 1/2 hours....needless to say did not go the speed limit!!!..lol my car is tired , dirty, and very pissed off....in time it will be happy again....hope all had fun , lord knows i did... oh yeh 2700 total miles
Old 06-11-2007, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

I went to Memphis and met the HRPT there. We ended up staying in some **** hotel that cost $56 and we had 8 people sleeping in it so it was a little cramped. We left Millington at 9:20 so we were running a little late, ended up realizing that we went the wrong way. Caught the Tour (or the tail end of it anyways) in Forrest City, AR. I had a blast the whole time though. Cant wait till next years HRPT, hopefully I will get to actually cruise with the tour.

Pics Maybe?

Old 06-11-2007, 11:43 PM
12 Second Club

We just went from Cleveland to Springfield and on the way home from Springfield in our 02' Silver Z06, well just a couple hours after we left Springfield, we were going 80mph on the freeway and we came over the crest of this hill and a deer was lying dead in the road and there was a huge semi truck next to us and a car behind us, so we couldnt get out of the way and we ran over the deer... there was deer meat and fur hanging from the underneath of the car and I had to pressure wash the whole underneath of the Z06 to get all the meat, blood and guts off the car...luckily there was no damage to the car!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually made it home about 2am Saturday morning, left after the Cult quit playing Friday and drove straight through

Quick Reply: everyone made it home ok?