International Members For our members outside of the USA

Calling US-spec C5 'Vette owners in UK!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Calling US-spec C5 'Vette owners in UK!

I'm bringing over my '02 Z06, and I'm wondering what it'll take to make it legal. I'm already bringing over tires for the rear, and I know it'll pass emissions (it can pass Cali emission standards).

What particular mods should I do (lighting, lenses, etc) to make it be able to pass MOT?
Old 06-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreadnought
I'm bringing over my '02 Z06, and I'm wondering what it'll take to make it legal. I'm already bringing over tires for the rear, and I know it'll pass emissions (it can pass Cali emission standards).

What particular mods should I do (lighting, lenses, etc) to make it be able to pass MOT?
Where about in UK do you live? There are a couple of places I know would pass MOT because you own an American car.

To be "legal", your car must have turn signal lights at the back that is colored amber, rear fog light, side repeaters (blinkers at the side), DRLs that is white color and of course must pass emissions, CO2 and noise emissions.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bene
Where about in UK do you live? There are a couple of places I know would pass MOT because you own an American car.

To be "legal", your car must have turn signal lights at the back that is colored amber, rear fog light, side repeaters (blinkers at the side), DRLs that is white color and of course must pass emissions, CO2 and noise emissions.
I'm in North Yorkshire. As far as the side indicators are concerned, is there a kit that's easily installed or do I have to drill holes in the car to install?
Is there also a kit for a rear fog light? I don't want some light just tacked onto the car.

Last edited by Dreadnought; 06-08-2011 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Another Q
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Teching In

If someone is aware of a kit for the car, or for that matter, specific parts and install kits from reputable companies, I'd appreciate it...
Old 06-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreadnought
I'm in North Yorkshire. As far as the side indicators are concerned, is there a kit that's easily installed or do I have to drill holes in the car to install?
Is there also a kit for a rear fog light? I don't want some light just tacked onto the car.
There isn't any "kit" for this. The auto parts store sells the repeaters (side indicators), round LEDs or triangle ones and you would have to splice the front blinkers to it with power/ground wires. You don't have to drill any hole unless you want to but you can buy either a stick on or drill a hole repeaters. You can run the wires through the door and the quarter panel.

For the rear fog light, the auto parts stores sell them too. You can splice it up to your fog light switch or make your own on/off switch. Pretty simple, IMO however I bypassed all of that and found a friendly MOT to do mine without doing all of those BS.

Another option on this is to drill a whole through your back up lights and install a red bulb or hack up your back up light, switch the clear bulb to a red bulb and run a on/off switch.

GL.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Bene, thanks for the advice.

For all those who're planning on modding a C5 Corvette to UK standards, here's a write-up from another C5Z owner.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/627465...orvette/page-2

Quick Reply: Calling US-spec C5 'Vette owners in UK!