International Members For our members outside of the USA

spangdelhm germany

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spangdelhm germany

Hey guys I just got to the afb in spangdelhm Germany and I am waiting on my car to arrive from shipping. Now they said they do a inspection on it.what type of things do they inspect on the car? My concern is my car has no cats, and my windshield is tinted. Also I have to get winter tires too because as of right now I have two falkens on the front and two nittos on the back all 4 are 275s
Old 06-10-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The inspection will probably fail for something you didn’t even expect (like a parking bakes not being equal or strong enough) They don’t really care about emissions or anything like that but the tint will have to go can’t even have it on the side windows, so they will most likely tell you to rip it off. I have been here for 2 and a half years and this is my second time here (5 years total) so hit me up with whatever questions you have.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks man I appreciate it that sucks about the tint thing. Also I am on my droid so I have mobile version of ls1tech and can't see sigs and stuff ..but what do u drive? And what mods do u have? How u like Germany? Hit me up on yahoo I'm or Google ....I need friends out here lol or people to talk with ..
Old 06-26-2011, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

If you think you can make the drive, you should try going to Baumholder. When I bought my car from a guy in Spang, he said they would fail it there so I went to Baumholder where I was stationed and it passed even with the cam in it. The only thing they rejected was the crack in the windshield.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Resident

I will see thanks
Old 07-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Teching In

I left Spangdahlem a little over a year ago, and the inspectors there got nothing but complaints. Both of the Germans working there were douches. My POS Opel Astra that was falling apart passed with flying colors, but my 2002 Trans Am failed for a multitude of marginal things. Getting inspected at Baumholder is a good idea.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Ok thanks USAF ls1, hey I just bought a BMW 96 320i u think I should take it to spang or Baumholder too? Let me know man I want little problems with this inspection thing !
Old 11-13-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

I'm on my way to Vilseck, I hope I can take my car, and that it passes. Do they put it on the sniffer? Do they look at the exhuast and emissions equipment?
Old 11-13-2011, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

no they don't, i've run custom fuel systems, no cats etc, no problems except decibel levels. if your car is loud get a bolt in baffle for inspections.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:13 AM
TECH Resident

Well Im deployed now, My report date is in Jun. Is there anything that I should get in the states that is hard to get in Germany? What problems are the people there running into?
Old 11-13-2011, 09:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mcamarols1
Well Im deployed now, My report date is in Jun. Is there anything that I should get in the states that is hard to get in Germany? What problems are the people there running into?
well i just bought a 12 bolt for my car and shipping it has been a nightmare so if you plan on upgrading something big, i'd at least purchase it now and either install it or have it with your household goods shipment. basically for the mps mail system you can't get anything over 70 lbs and a 130"
with the inches being L x W plus circumference i believe.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

Oh so big packages are a problem. What about normal wear and tear maintenance? Ie brake pads, performance clutches, oil? I have a 12 bolt, I do need to rubuild the trans though. Oh yeah what about nitrous? I have a kit installed on my car, will there be a problem?
Old 11-13-2011, 02:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mcamarols1
Oh so big packages are a problem. What about normal wear and tear maintenance? Ie brake pads, performance clutches, oil? I have a 12 bolt, I do need to rubuild the trans though. Oh yeah what about nitrous? I have a kit installed on my car, will there be a problem?
Aside from the rear end, any packages are easy to get as long as the place you get it from ships it regular US Mail. I ordered 4 brake rotors and Hawk pads from Strano and it all got there in a week even though it was 2 separate boxes. I ordered my Nitto 555Rs from Discount Tire as well and also some ARH LTs and Y pipe from Vengeance. A clutch should be no problem.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:41 AM
12 Second Club

yah i've had some fairly large items shipped like strano sway bars, lt's etc. it just things like hoods, rear ends, transmission, engines, oversized stuff thats a pain.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've shipped a bunch of stuff to not only Germany, but the UK and China as well. Engines, complete torque tubes and trannies for C5s and C6s, etc. If anyone needs anything, shoot me a PM. I'm a dealer for most of the parts all the other guys are dealers for. If you search my screen name on here, you'll see threads about my travels to Europe and China.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

At mcamarols1 , here in spang they check for how low your car is, how loud your car is , if you have good tire tread , if your wheels stick out from the fenders, any leaks , any CEL or lights on, how good your brakes and shocks are , and make sure all your turn signal lights and stuff like that work .
Old 11-24-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

Thanx guys, Im debating now if i should get a 12 Camaro with a whipple or magnacharger and full exhaust to take out there or fix my car and get it to pass?? I need a new DD and a 5th gen seems like a good choice lol
Old 11-26-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Resident

Remember what ever you bring out here , make sure it's reliable It rains where I am at like twice or 3 times a week :/ .. Then you got winter out here with snow so idk how great a camaro would do .. So if u buy or bring your car make sure you save for a beater .. Prolly get a decent one for 1-2k .. I would say keep your camaro you have now .. And fix it up with top notch suspension parts because there are some curvy roads , get some awsome all season performance tires, get some HIDs , maybe some bad *** racing seats and harness belts, and IMO you would be set !! Oh and get a bad *** break system ^ all this stuff u don't need to get but man if I had all this in my SS that I have here , that **** would be a blast!! And u can use all that great stuff in the tracks they have here
Old 03-21-2016, 08:32 PM

We Move Express can help to export vehicle overseas, Germany, Netherlands, UK or any other country, we offer best rates. We are located in Long Beach, CA.

Quick Reply: spangdelhm germany