Could straightening the longeron be very expensive? - LS1TECH

International Members For our members outside of the USA

View Poll Results: Is it very expensive?
Yes, very expensive, plus he is lying when he says others would not agree 0 0%
Yes, very expensive, but he is not lying when he says others would not agree 0 0%
No, not expensive, but he is lying when he says others would not agree 0 0%
No, not expensive, and he is not lying when he says others would not agree 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Could straightening the longeron be very expensive?

Old 01-06-2017, 03:26 AM   #1

Default Could straightening the longeron be very expensive?

I live in Estonia. I have a Mercedes Benz 250 TD from 1990.

I hit the right front wheel of this vehicle against the sidewalk due to excess of ice on the road. The mechanic showed me that the longeron part of the car frame had gone inside 2 cm and needed to be straightened.

I don't understand about cars, but I trusted what he said. However, after the repair, he charged 500 EUR for the complete service.

About the fact he charged me 200 EUR for pieces and others I am not surprised, but I am surprised with the fact that he charged me 300 EUR solely for the process of straightening the "longeron" that, according to his word, had only gone inside 2 cm.

I asked this mechanic: "How so?", and he answered to me that I should even thank him, as not all mechanics would agree on doing such service.

I tried to contact other mechanics via email, pretending I still had the problem and asking them for a budget, in order to find out whether the 300 EUR the other mechanic charged was or not a fair price. I contacted 5 or 6 of them (via email), and none of them replied.

So maybe the mechanic who charged me 300 EUR is right after all? Or did he charge me too much in spite of all?
Spider1987 is offline   Reply With Quote