International Members For our members outside of the USA

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Old 04-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dubai, United Arab Emirates

My father is interviewing with Emirates Airline in a few weeks. I'm pretty sure he'll get the job and take it, which means my parents will be moving to Dubai for about 7 years. It looks like an incredable country and I look forward to making a visit there sometime. Unfortunatly my dad will not be taking the SS over there with him, I'm taking it Anyways, I'm glad to see the car scene is pretty big around there. I'll try and keep an update.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:30 AM
On The Tree

you will not be disappointed
Old 04-19-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

well 2002_LPE_SS
u will be suprised in the UAE that they all use Jap Cars not like here in Kuwait
i went to the UAE once ... i saw a 1000hp Skyline and many 600`s hp`s Supras and Evo`s
BTW you will have fun there .. snow boarding, swimming, and Racing evil;
Old 04-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thank for the input. The more I hear about the country, the more I want to go visit when my parents move there. Unfortunately for my father, he wont be taking the SS with him over there. It's staying here in the states with me Plus, we can't compete with supras or the hopped up evos. Anyways, thanks. I'll let you know when I get a chance to go over there
Old 04-20-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2002_LPE_SS
Thank for the input. The more I hear about the country, the more I want to go visit when my parents move there. Unfortunately for my father, he wont be taking the SS with him over there. It's staying here in the states with me Plus, we can't compete with supras or the hopped up evos. Anyways, thanks. I'll let you know when I get a chance to go over there
no problem
BTW i live in Kuwait
16 hours if i want to drive there
but i'll be there in summer so i hope we meet in Dubai
Old 04-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Staging Lane

Well if my dad gets and takes the job, my parents wont be there till aroud the end of july, probably august. As for me, I'll be at basic training this summer for the Air National Gaurd in Texas. But I hope to get over there in September. That would be awesome to meet up with some of you muscle car guys. I want to go there and pick up some nice Cuban cigars. I saw your post on the thread about cigars. Aside from oil, is are there any other items that are cheaper over there like clothes or jewelry? Looking forward to a visit!
Old 04-21-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2002_LPE_SS
Well if my dad gets and takes the job, my parents wont be there till aroud the end of july, probably august. As for me, I'll be at basic training this summer for the Air National Gaurd in Texas. But I hope to get over there in September. That would be awesome to meet up with some of you muscle car guys. I want to go there and pick up some nice Cuban cigars. I saw your post on the thread about cigars. Aside from oil, is are there any other items that are cheaper over there like clothes or jewelry? Looking forward to a visit!
don't be fooled that Kuwait is a place where camps are our houses and we use camel for transportation
you will be amazed iff u come to kuwait that you will see Modenas and Porche Turbo are like Hondas and Toyota in the US

and i hope 2 too meet up with a LS1tech.com Freak Like me
Old 04-22-2006, 04:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ELMiN8oR
don't be fooled that Kuwait is a place where camps are our houses and we use camel for transportation
you will be amazed iff u come to kuwait that you will see Modenas and Porche Turbo are like Hondas and Toyota in the US

He isn't lying either....... lots of fast cars over and some really good wrecks also..... The Kuwaiti's know how to wreck an Impala/Crown Vic thats for sure.....
Old 04-22-2006, 04:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ELMiN8oR

for real mang every time i go out, its lambos, astin martins, ferraris, everything.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
for real mang every time i go out, its lambos, astin martins, ferraris, everything.
i know
Old 04-22-2006, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

go there its a very nice place there , at least u wont miss the night clubs "21+"
95% of thier f-bodies are v6
u`ll be bored from ricers
traffic is crowded all the day
u can ask member"PREDATOR-Z" he`s living there
i`m coming to dubai 4-6 times a year
peace
Fahad
Old 05-01-2006, 02:52 AM
Staging Lane

quick question. I'm trying to figure out how much things cost over in the UAE. looking online, it looks like 100 Dirham is about 27 US dollars. what are typical prices for things like cigars, liquor, clothes, cars, gold, a good dinner with drinks. just trying to get a feel for how much it costs to live there. any help would be great! Thanks
Old 05-01-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mc'donnalds meal are like 25 dirhams
thats 6 US Dollars
Old 05-01-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

The reason there are so many nice cars is all the OIL money...Go figure.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used to have a video of that place with all the exotic cars and the night life. I definatly wanna visit there someday.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:43 AM
9 Second Club

Dubai is amazing...your family definately won't be dissapointed
Old 05-14-2006, 03:14 AM
Teching In

I think that im late to post a reply, i live in the capital of United Arab Emirates ( Abu Dhabi ) Its only 1:20 away from Dubai, let me know if you need my help, i will be glad to help
Old 05-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

hey, great to hear from you. I think my father will start training with Emirates Air next month (June). I think his plan is to slowly start bringing things over. As I said earlier, the SS will be staying here with me in the US, so my father fill have to find a new toy when he gets over there. I'm hoping to go over some time next September or October. I will keep everyone up to date with what is going on. Thank
Old 05-14-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was born in Dubai (Both side of families are still there) and it's a very beautiful place to go visit/live.
They always get alot of stuff like Electronics and other things earlier then other countries first.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dubai, United Arab Emirates