International Members For our members outside of the USA

2002 WS6 + Ferarri + M3

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 WS6 + Ferarri + M3

This happened today in U.K.

Me in-front in my 2002 WS6 Auto, then a "05" Reg M3 convertible behind me, then an a "S" Ferrari convertible behind the M3.
Started off some where on the M56 by Helsby area, towards Manchester, I looked in my mirror and saw this silver M3 behind me.
Still just cruizin' at 80.
Then we both pass this silver convertible Ferrari, it looked beautiful, I mean gorgeous!!! the M3 just looked ordinary, like an everyday car.
So I look again in the rear view, and the Ferrari is behind the M3.
I raise the limit to 100, and were all still playing, now the M/way is quite m.t. and I know I only come strong after 100mph plus, so nails the pedal, kicks down a couple of gears, and off we go like a scalded cat, the M3 was o.k. up till about 140, then 145, then touching 150, now the naughty side of 150, all the time I could see it dropping further and further back, The funny thing was, the Ferrari was maulin' his ***! but couldn't get past because of a car on the middle lane further ahead.
Slows it back to 70 - 80 and we all still together, the m/way gets m.t. again, so I nail it again, same result, up to about 120 the M3 was on my tail, but after that when we got up to 150 he was quite a bit behind, and of course the Ferrari as chewin' his ***. I think the Ferrari was closer than a couple of meters off the M3 bumper.
My junction was coming up so I had to bail out, but when the M3 and the Ferrari came past, OOOOOHHHHH sounded soooooooooo good, more like a cracklin' noise out the pipes of the Ferarri.
They both probably came past on the outside lane at 140 plus.
I know the M3 is probably limited to 155, if he could get that fast, don't think they can to be honest, so he would drop right off if we had have gone up to MAX, but I don't know about the Ferrari, could be close, I think this 2002 T/A WS6 auto, will run close to 170 on a long enough. 160 isn't that much of a big deal.

How fast are the ferarri's ?

Last edited by Alabama Cotton; 03-28-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Teching In

They can be just as fast top end but what a sight,
i raced a left hooker Audi TT was up to 120 in 5th gear behind him then he pulled over (think he chickened out.lol) changed into 6th & shot past then 10 min later on M5 near home got stuck behind a load of cars going 70 in 3rd lane so after a while indicated into the second lane & floored it as it was clear only to see the headlights alternatingly flashing at me about 400 yrds back in the middle lane so i indicated & pulled into first lane at 60 with the rest of em expecting to get pulled.My exit approached & as i indicated to pull off the loghts & sirens were going & as i looked he was shooting up the 3rd lane, phew!!!!
stopped on the roundabout & could see he had pulled someone with another police car on the slip road.The car was an unmarked Vauxhall vectra unmarked dark blue, made me sweat abit cos i dont know how long he had been watching me
Old 07-18-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not too sure how fast the Ferrari's are, they do sound good, rev really high.

My WS6 was limited to 140mph until I sorted that out, 5th gear took me to 163mph, ran out of road, and a little scared to take my hand of the wheel to change to 6th. That was before any mods to the car.

My mate has an EVO 6, proably top speed of just over 140mph, they are geared up for acceleration, peak HP of just under 300bhp, but I guess they loose a huge amount through the drive chain. My mate took my car out while I was out of the country, he almost killed himself 3 times. Couldn't beleive how much power it had at almost any RPM. He said it just keeps pulling. His 0-60 is simular to a WS6, but out 0-100's totally whip the asses of them sort of cars.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The girlfriend had a quick run with a black Audi RS6 the other day, she said she pulled on it a little was still in 1st up to the next light! I don't really know how quick these cars are
Old 07-19-2006, 04:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Then Audi RS6 will produce 450. weights two-tons powered by a schmoozed-over version of the 4.2-litre 5-valve V8.

0-60 is 4.6 seconds.
0-125 is 17 seconds.

okay its 0-60 is pretty much on par with a slightly played with Trans-Am.
Its weight slows it down on acceleration, if a Trans-Am has 450 HP it would be quicker depending on traction.

0-125 in 17 seconds, is pretty poor me thinks. I done 0-100 in 11.6 seconds on a regular road out in the country, I'm sure another 20mph would take an extra 6 seconds.

Dont know what gearing they have so not sure how fast they go in 1st gear, perhaps 45ish? if he was hard accelerating in 1st geat from a standing start he would be there in well under 4 seconds.

I would say putting a TransAm against the RS6 it would be pretty even, mainly would be down to the driver, the RS6 is prone to understear, weights more but does have computer aided stuff to get it round corners. So in a staight they are pretty even, 1/4 mile is much the same. On a race track I dont have a clue.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

He was allready moving & trying to make an atempt to overtake, so she said she just mashed it! but he ended up being blocked in traffic 2 cars back in the left lane, at the next lights, she may have grabbed 2nd but she said she went from 1st
0-100 Motortrend for an 02 SS was 11.8secs but i don't allways believe what mags say
Oh and the Evo 7 was 13 flat
Old 07-20-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

rs6's are insane. i dunno about 17 seconds for 0-125. ive seen them climb rpms like its nobody's business and get up to 150 like its nuthin.

Quick Reply: 2002 WS6 + Ferarri + M3