International Members For our members outside of the USA

Anyone in Italy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone in Italy?

I will be moving to Italy in a year and was wondering if anyone knew where I might find a place to get a dynotune. I will be in Aviano (northern Italy)
Old 09-02-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your taking your car there also? Why get in tuned in italy no one there will know what to do.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 52172
your taking your car there also? Why get in tuned in italy no one there will know what to do.
Yes, I am taking the car there, and leaving the US within a few weeks. I don't have the $$ right now for a dynotune. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a place that maybe catered to american cars.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Snootch
I will be moving to Italy in a year and was wondering if anyone knew where I might find a place to get a dynotune. I will be in Aviano (northern Italy)
Hi,

I live in Milan Italy currently and I have my 2000 Camaro SS here with me. I have not yet found any places that can do a dyno tune... part of the problem is my near total lack of Italian language skills. I have found a few dealers who sell Corvettes and Hummers etc, but when I emailed them asking about simple stuff like oil and filter change they didnt reply.
I'm still lokking around, so once (if) I find anywhere that can tune, I'll let you know.
By the way, 18" tires (275/35/18) cost a fortune here... bring spares!! I got a flat on day 3.... and had no spares!

UKCamaroSS
Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by UKCamaroSS
I got a flat on day 3.... and had no spares!
In Italy, roads suck and they drive like ****, but...girls, girls, girls!

Last edited by Intimidator SS; 09-14-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

I would never let my car be on any eruopean road ever. They are crazy and used to driving around those tiny little cars.

I wasnt impressed with the girls in Italy, I guess all the hot ones have moved to the states.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by camaroextra
I would never let my car be on any eruopean road ever. They are crazy and used to driving around those tiny little cars.
Huh??? have u ever been to Germany, Sweden and France? been there, lived there and let me tell ya, the best highways ever!

Yes, Italy and Spain suck for driving.

BTW, tiny little cars in Germany and Sweden??? they all drive Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Volvo, etc.

And remember, tiny little cars could be very helpful if u lived in Europe, because gasoline is MUCH more expensive than in the U.S.

You generalized and spoke vaguely.

Last edited by Intimidator SS; 09-16-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Intimidator SS
Huh??? have u ever been to Germany, Sweden and France? been there, lived there and let me tell ya, the best highways ever!

Yes, Italy and Spain suck for driving.

BTW, tiny little cars in Germany and Sweden??? they all drive Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Volvo, etc.

And remember, tiny little cars could be very helpful if u lived in Europe, because gasoline is MUCH more expensive than in the U.S.

You generalized and spoke vaguely.
Lol well Italy and Spain are the only places I have been, so I guess I have a warped opinion. Let me rephrase that, I would never let my car on an Italian street.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Let me rephrase that, I would never let my car on an Italian street.
Ok, now I do understand you. And yes, I do agree with ya, I would also never drive my car on an Italian street.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:25 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Hi all
Living in Germany for awhile now. There is only one trusted place Europe and its in Switzerland and he is not cheap . If your interested Go here http://www.heinzroth.com/ . Expect to payout about 900 EURO.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

In Europe, if u can afford a vette or viper, u can afford parts and gasoline for it, don't u think?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is an advantage to live in Switzerland, u do not pay taxes.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:03 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Your taxed in Switzerland
Old 09-17-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by roy
Your taxed in Switzerland
But not on everything, just like in Monaco. You can be rich and they won't taxe you as much as they would do in France, Germany, or elsewhere in Europe.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I would not take a TransAm to Italy, no way ever! First, you will have a real hard time finding parts or even a place for an oil change and the parts will be very expensive (as an example, it is cheaper to have 8 sparkplugs airmailed from the US than to buy them locally...) Second, break-ins and vandalism: it is an exotic car in Europe, therefore very tempting..., never leave it parked in the street (OK, maybe in Sweden or Germany!); on this issue, remember also that a lot of European people do not like the current Foreign policy of the US (Irak...) and that a handful of idiots may unfortunately take it on something American... Also, a Trans Am will be a very big car over there, you will suffer in traffic, in regular streets or roads, to park it anywhere. Yes indeed, the main highways (especially divided, toll only in Italy and France) are really good. To finish, do you realize the price of gas? It is good quality (most cars use premium, 97 octane is common), but count double the price. An V8 American car in Europe is usually a hobby vehicle, not a daily driver (of course, exceptions apply, if you know where to park, can afford the maintenance...).
As for driving, you will discover INTERESTING driving, it is lively, can be quite fast, the narrow winding roads will test your skills, it will be fun. They do not drive poorly, remember that they drive differently! and if you like spirited driving, you will have it on your everyday commute in Italy, no drinking your coffee while driving there! Remember mostly not to judge their driving, but to make every effort to drive like them, after a few days, you will wonder what the problem was! And small European cars are very lively, do not laugh at a small diesel car, in town they will kick your big and heavy TransAm's *** without trying.
As much as I know you love your TransAm, my advice (yes, I know, opinions are like ********, everybody's got one...) would be to leave your TransAm in the States and buy a smaller/mid-size (for there!) European car, you know, to be more in the atmosphere, and that could be a real nice discovery for you!
How do I know all this, you ask? I have lived most of my life in France, where, as a hobby, I had a '57 Chevy that I have driven over most of Europe. Like everywhere, some people were jealous, most loved it and even more just did not understand it!
Old 10-07-2006, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I forgot to metion that parking spots are very small in Europe (small cars...) and you will have a hard time parking, and then you will end up with quite a few dents and dings (purely innocent and accidental, yes, but still annoying if your car is clean...)
Old 10-07-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wave1957
I would not take a TransAm to Italy, no way ever! First, you will have a real hard time finding parts or even a place for an oil change and the parts will be very expensive (as an example, it is cheaper to have 8 sparkplugs airmailed from the US than to buy them locally...) Second, break-ins and vandalism: it is an exotic car in Europe, therefore very tempting..., never leave it parked in the street (OK, maybe in Sweden or Germany!); on this issue, remember also that a lot of European people do not like the current Foreign policy of the US (Irak...) and that a handful of idiots may unfortunately take it on something American... Also, a Trans Am will be a very big car over there, you will suffer in traffic, in regular streets or roads, to park it anywhere. Yes indeed, the main highways (especially divided, toll only in Italy and France) are really good. To finish, do you realize the price of gas? It is good quality (most cars use premium, 97 octane is common), but count double the price. An V8 American car in Europe is usually a hobby vehicle, not a daily driver (of course, exceptions apply, if you know where to park, can afford the maintenance...).
As for driving, you will discover INTERESTING driving, it is lively, can be quite fast, the narrow winding roads will test your skills, it will be fun. They do not drive poorly, remember that they drive differently! and if you like spirited driving, you will have it on your everyday commute in Italy, no drinking your coffee while driving there! Remember mostly not to judge their driving, but to make every effort to drive like them, after a few days, you will wonder what the problem was! And small European cars are very lively, do not laugh at a small diesel car, in town they will kick your big and heavy TransAm's *** without trying.
As much as I know you love your TransAm, my advice (yes, I know, opinions are like ********, everybody's got one...) would be to leave your TransAm in the States and buy a smaller/mid-size (for there!) European car, you know, to be more in the atmosphere, and that could be a real nice discovery for you!
How do I know all this, you ask? I have lived most of my life in France, where, as a hobby, I had a '57 Chevy that I have driven over most of Europe. Like everywhere, some people were jealous, most loved it and even more just did not understand it!
Agreed.

"do not laugh at a small diesel car, in town they will kick your big and heavy TransAm's *** without trying.": that's a good one and true.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:57 AM
roy
TECH Resident

To each his own I guess, But I drive my Fbody all over Europe on my free time. Take it to the race track and run down the finest europe has to offer. Love it wouldn't trade it for nothing in the world.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by roy
To each his own I guess, But I drive my Fbody all over Europe on my free time. Take it to the race track and run down the finest europe has to offer. Love it wouldn't trade it for nothing in the world.
You live in Germany I guess which is a great place to drive an fbody.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

youll have a wicked looking car there! thats for sure. dont forget to waive bye bye to the little fiats you pass in the canyons!
Bye the way tampa rocks, second home to me, Italy is my third youll have fun! Ill bring my jixxer next time I go and dont worry ill way when i pass you @220
Old 10-11-2006, 02:16 PM
roy
TECH Resident

I'll wave right back as I stay right beside ya and pass ya in the canyons
Just a sample of what I bring to the table. Taking it to the bikes
What I lose in straight line acceleration I make up in cornering and braking actually when I think about it I don't lose that much straight line speed.

Quick Reply: Anyone in Italy?