Old 07-05-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoker-427
I'm an Italian Corvette Man...

1979 C3 Corvette
2006 C6 Coupe M6

..my two beauties!!!
Your C6 isnt perchance black??? Are you from the Firenze area?? I saw a beautiful Black C6 driving around Firenze (errrr, "Florence") a few times when I was living there (Feb-May 07). It was usually parked on just east of the Piazza della Reppublica on the way to Santa Maria Novella... The only corvette I saw for three months. It made me more homesick than the thought of my family!!

Ciao.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mystic 98 TA
It made me more homesick than the thought of my family!!
Are u serious?
Old 07-05-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ciao Frocione, Vaffanculo ! ! ! ha ha, just kidding man, it's the only italian i know. Welcome to the best website on earth!!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 01:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Breathtaker
Are u serious?
I suppose that came out wrong, as well as terribly shallow. I'll clarify.

Most of my family made it out to see me, so I was never really "homesick" because of not seeing my family. My car was stuck in the garage back home ...
Old 07-08-2007, 02:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was only in Italy for 2 weeks..Tuscan region but i didnt see anything american...a couple of ferraris but nothing with some hosspowah. I thought if my car was there, i could rule the streets...well the few straightaways i saw at least. Of course I couldnt afford gas for it.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cablebandit
i was only in Italy for 2 weeks..Tuscan region but i didnt see anything american...a couple of ferraris but nothing with some hosspowah. I thought if my car was there, i could rule the streets...well the few straightaways i saw at least. Of course I couldnt afford gas for it.
Yeah, gas is ridiculous. When I was there, its was something like 1.50 Euro/Liter... figure out the math. 1.5 Euro(3.8L/gal) x (1.35USD/Euro) =

It'd be worth it to rule the streets.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Well I'm in Italy... currently sitting at my office desk in Milano, looking out towards the alps on one side and the Duomo (Cathedral) on the other!

I've got my 2000 SS (pictured on the left) over here with me. It's great for crusin' around. A few Ferrari's and Lambo's in the city to poke fun at and even more Ferrari's and Lambo's at Lake Como... The SS gets just as much attention, as they do (The SLP Loudmouth help out!). But you guys are correct, gas is not cheap!

There are actually a lot of US cars here in Northern Italy. Corvette's seem to be the most popular with Hummers being a close second. Not so many f-body's. Switzerland has a lot of Fbody's and vette's too.

Ciao,
UKCamaroSS
Old 07-09-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UKCamaroSS
Well I'm in Italy... currently sitting at my office desk in Milano, looking out towards the alps on one side and the Duomo (Cathedral) on the other!

I've got my 2000 SS (pictured on the left) over here with me. It's great for crusin' around. A few Ferrari's and Lambo's in the city to poke fun at and even more Ferrari's and Lambo's at Lake Como... The SS gets just as much attention, as they do (The SLP Loudmouth help out!). But you guys are correct, gas is not cheap!

There are actually a lot of US cars here in Northern Italy. Corvette's seem to be the most popular with Hummers being a close second. Not so many f-body's. Switzerland has a lot of Fbody's and vette's too.

Ciao,
UKCamaroSS
where is your office if you can see the duomo from the window? i used to be able to wake up and look out my window and see the alps. i miss it!

used to cost us almost 100 euro to fill up the audi, if i remember correctly!

(i lived in Milano 3, if you know where that is)
Old 07-09-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UKCamaroSS

Ciao,
UKCamaroSS
That is so cool!!!!!!! There really werent that many US cars in Firenze, but I suppose there were more important things to look at there than Vettes and H2s .

How long have you worked in Milano??? I went there for a weekend, I did all the fun "touristy" stuff like climb the Duomo, thing is absolutely H U G E, even compared to Santa Maria di Fiore in Firenze. Im very jealous that you get to work in Milano. I dont care what you do, if there's ever a job opening, let me know!!! Im a quick learner, e parlo un po Italiano, i'd work there in an instant!

Ever make it down to Firenze?? I lived about three blocks east of Piazza Santa Croce. Im astonished at how much history is in that 1.5sq miles of town. It puts anything we have here in California to shame.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stevethepirate
where is your office if you can see the duomo from the window? i used to be able to wake up and look out my window and see the alps. i miss it!

used to cost us almost 100 euro to fill up the audi, if i remember correctly!

(i lived in Milano 3, if you know where that is)
My office is on the 13th floor of a building, which is located on Via G. Richard... not too far from Porta Genova. The only reason I can see the Duomo is due to the office being so high.

Yeah, it costs me about $110 (US) to fill the SS up from just below the 1/4 level.

@Mystic 98 TA:
I've been working in Milano for almost 2 years now. The SS has been with me for almost 1 year now. I am here on a work secondment... I lived in Cambridgeshire, England before being sent over to Milan. I have never made it to Firenze... I've been to plenty of other places like Venice, Udine, Lake Como, Lake Garda, San Remo and luckily as I drove the car over from the UK, I've seen lots of France, Germany & Switzerland also. It's really cool over here and I'm making the most of it while it lasts, but I wouldn't mind getting back to North America (Canada) at some point in the future.

Whats it like living it up in Cali?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Regular

^^^ Cali isnt too bad at all. I just filled up for $41!!! And at 3.29/gal, i really dont feel too bad about gas prices, thats pretty cheap for the SF Bay Area (I live in the East Bay), but still on the expensive side compared to other parts of the country. I put about 250 miles on my car per week, and fill up once a week. In that respect im glad i live in California. $110/tank would S U C K

I like California a LOT, its good being home, but i really miss Italy. The funny thing is I havent been able to say that one is better than the other: comparing Italy to Ca is like comparing a good ragu to limoncello... they just dont relate. I would be perfectly happy living in either place.

When you can make a chance, get down to Firenze... Its not like any of the other 4 big "city states" (Milano, Roma, Napoli, Venezia). ITs hard to describe it... its just Firenze. When you learn about the Medici family, it becomes a LOT more amazing.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

...hey, anyone wonder what happened to the OP??
Old 07-11-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mystic 98 TA

When you can make a chance, get down to Firenze... Its not like any of the other 4 big "city states" (Milano, Roma, Napoli, Venezia). ITs hard to describe it... its just Firenze. When you learn about the Medici family, it becomes a LOT more amazing.

i would put florence in as one of the big 4 cities before venice.... i dont think either of them are real cities... but florence is just above venice.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

True, I was thinking 5 big cities... the "other" four, i suppose i meant. Back in the day, these 5 cities were the ones with all the power. Id say that Venice = Florence in size, just not population.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:03 AM
TECH Regular

yeah, i just see venice as more of a tourist attraction than a city... slightly the same way as florence.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

I suppose thats true. After Pasqua, Florence's historic center is always overrun with tourists.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Teching In

WOW GUYS...... lots of you was or are in Italy!!!!!

First of all I live close to Florence (the name of the small town is Pistoia.... 30Km far) and maybe you have seen my C6....!!!!

For all the guys in Italy right now, this is my cell phone:

+39 348 3348983

We have a Corvette Club named "Scuderia Corvette Italia"...... and if you are readers of "Corvette Enthusiast" magazine, maybe you have seen a nice reportage of our Corvette Day at the Adria Racetrack, writed by Jeffrey Conger.

This is the small website dedicated to my Red 79 !
427 small block........ and much faster then Viper SRT10 at the track!!!!!

If you like to see some video of our meetings.... try to search for "SCUDERIA CORVETTE ITALIA" in youtube!

...some links...

Traction issue.....
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=C_c4Xa-GTs4

Traction issue....solved!
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=sknvvCwLkhs

427 First startup...
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=2UNE7a3-Kcg

Last edited by Stoker-427; 07-19-2007 at 03:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Italy, please...... add Italy!