International Members For our members outside of the USA

ls1 into england

Old 03-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 into england

im in the airforce and my first assignment is mildenhal england. i plan on brining my camaro there but i dont know what will fail the inspection. does anyone know how i can get my car to england without having to worrie about it failing. or if they are even that strict when it comes to these cars in england. any help with be greatly appreciated
Old 03-20-2008, 07:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, you want to bring some goodies over for me
Old 03-20-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You shouldn't have to change much, you may have to do an SVA test to bring it to UK standards, usually aligning headlights for driving on the lefthand side and running a rear foglight http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehi...approvalscheme

if you can find a car importer preferably dealing with US imports they can take care of all of it, if you're already over here pick up a copy of classic American, you can find a lot of contacts in there, i used David Boatright in Essex to import mine plus do the SVA.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh you'll also need side markers, the little orange lights you can see above my SS badges, Speed inc does does some cool lights that are integrated into the side mirrors, i wish i'd seen those first, look in the Appearance section under more photos for pics.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just remembered there's also another guy on here based at Mildenhall with a Camaro, username hawaiiboysz
Old 03-21-2008, 03:24 AM
12 Second Club

Waddup! Yeah I am building my motor up in the Garage right now. I think you have to have cats on the vehicle. There are shaddy spots like anywhere else that you can go to. Just gotta look for them. Im at Mildy hole 95RS I PCS next June so look me up whenever you get here. Theres a guy in the SOG that has a TA its built up pretty good. I really dont think that you will have any issues. Make sure you have a good set of tires and all your bushings rod ends **** like that are servicible that is what they look at too. If you think you got something worn out replace it now. Anyway you should bring your car over tha tway you can euro trip it. I drove my car from UK to Greece ***** to the wall.

Last edited by hawaiiboysz; 03-21-2008 at 03:30 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

sweet, good to see some good help, ill pick up those mirrior things once i find them, and if i can bring anything to anyone be my guest ill send what i can. my no later then date is june so ill be there mid june. im looking at some new tires cuz mine are **** so you guys think if i throw a catted y on my longtubes and some extensions for the O2s i should be good. my car has been garaged a lot so im not worried about the bushings. so the smog isnt a big deal i take it? any ideas about tinted tail lights, corner lights, side markers and windows? i just got my base swap Oked, and i still might be a hold over in tech school, people work too slow haha. also im SF... yeah yeah i know but hey if i can do anything about it will hook you guys up. any other help would be greatly appreciated. thanx guys
Old 03-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sk8co
sweet, good to see some good help, ill pick up those mirrior things once i find them, and if i can bring anything to anyone be my guest ill send what i can. my no later then date is june so ill be there mid june. im looking at some new tires cuz mine are **** so you guys think if i throw a catted y on my longtubes and some extensions for the O2s i should be good. my car has been garaged a lot so im not worried about the bushings. so the smog isnt a big deal i take it? any ideas about tinted tail lights, corner lights, side markers and windows? i just got my base swap Oked, and i still might be a hold over in tech school, people work too slow haha. also im SF... yeah yeah i know but hey if i can do anything about it will hook you guys up. any other help would be greatly appreciated. thanx guys
i have a guy who will pass you without all that ****, PM me if you want his info... good guy about an hour from base...

-justin
Old 03-29-2008, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lstvr
Hey, you want to bring some goodies over for me
my guy had a spot big enough to fit a motor left in the shiping container

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ls1 into england