Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hey whats up guys

Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey whats up guys

i've been on the board for about a month but totally forgot to introduce myself...

my names chris and im in Warner Robins GA.
i have a 1998 camaro SS vert, and a 1998 eagle talon awd(had to keep my love w/ the dsms)

quick background on my love for the camaros
when i was growing up most of my time was in the passenger seat of my dads 94 Z28 and i loved every minute of it. my dad used to be the director of GAFBA southeast region so i was always at the shootouts and car meets.

hmmm some of my plans are to swap the car to a 6speed. oh... and to any of you that have owned a dsm or modded a dsm you know what i mean when i say that anything on this car i can tackle.. i mean it lol.

im really not wanting to fool around with any NA setup. im thinking dual 57's or 60.1's. i've seen a few of the truck manifold single setups but im tired of not having AC.

im hopefully goin to pick up my American Racing Dale earnhart JR Killers this weekend (gettin them for free but i have to drive 800 miles to get em.) big brothers dumdumdum.

cars getting a new black top when it warms back up some.
ima try and get my car into my sig.
Attached Thumbnails Hey whats up guys-front-side-view.jpg   Hey whats up guys-securedownload-9.jpeg   Hey whats up guys-side-view.jpg  

Last edited by Nemean; 10-29-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 10-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Location: Just kind of everywhere at the moment. I actually haven't been back in my home state for a couple of weeks now.

Welcome Talons are a pain to work on, and can get expensive when something breaks. My mother had a 1990 Talon and her timing belt went out and she bent all 16 valves in the thing. She ended up replacing almost everything on that car except for the fuel pump and some small things. A friend of mine now owns that car and he took the engine completely out of it and he is going to make it somewhere between 600 and 700 hp. Anyway, I like your Camaro. I am not a big fan of rag tops, but it is nice.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

i wasnt either but i paid 5k for a car w/ nothing wrong w/ it other than a ragged top that doesnt leak... lol yea your car is sex on wheel. im doing that very same stripe pattern w/ 18in american racing Killers, and a black top. getting my seats redone w/ black insides white outsides and im getting SS in black on the headrest.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Location: Just kind of everywhere at the moment. I actually haven't been back in my home state for a couple of weeks now.

I have no idea what I am going to do about the interior in mine. It needs carpet again. The person that owned it before didn't take care of the body of the car too well but the small engine details like oil changes, plugs, and things of that nature were taken care of on a regular basis. There was a leak somewhere and it ruined the carpet. I think I am just going to stick to the light tan that is in there. Everything else looks nice it it other than the carpet and the fact I only have half of the back seats in right now haha. The seats were all me and my hubby's doing. We are just going to take them out completely and make a game chair out of it. It isn't like I am going to cram 4 people into it anyway.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Welcome! Nice rides
Old 10-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

LOL at the game chair!.
my rear seats are ....shitty feeling... the bottom ends just come out freely... dunno whats up w/ that. my carpet is perfect... dash.. all of that is amazing. but the seats really need attention lots and lots of cracks but there white leather so ima get them re wrapped.
OH BTW... for anyone else that looks at this... im 5'10 200 pounds and waist size of like 38.. im not FAT but im def not skinny lol and i pretty much have a defensive linemans bone structure... ANYWAY i get some serious back pains inbetween my shoulder blades from driving my car... neone else have this damn issue... ima about to put my (parts car) talons seats in it and get them done instead...
Old 10-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Haha, my seats are just a tiny bit smushed, but they aren't in dire need of "oh my god, someone fat sat in them" replaced. They are just comfortably broke in. :-) I cannot say that I have the same problem, but I am not the same size as you, so it would be pointless to ask me.

Search this Thread