Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from NC

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from NC

Im new here and to the F-Body in general. I had a fox body with a 383 in it before, and decided I didnt want to go that route again. I just bought this 99 Trans Am from an old fella here in NC. Its an A4 with 3.23s in the rear. Will the RPO codes say whether it has the Torsen or the Auburn diff? The car only has 52K on the clock. My near future plans are to do the exhuast from front to back and to put a converter in it. Any input on parts selection will be appreciated.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car! Welcome to LS1tech.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the welcome. Never thought an LS1 was this much fun.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Welcome to the brotherhood! Nice car! That is some great mileage for that year!! Must have been well taken care of You think that is fun? Wait till you start throwing some mods on it!! You will enjoy this site! There is more information here than any where else imaginable. Remember to read the stickys for each section you post in, and the search feature is your friend And when you have questions, there are tons of guys here that have "been there done that" and always willing to help.

Take it easy and keep your head down over there in Fayette-nam

Jman
Old 11-01-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the site! There's no lack of LS1 Fbodys around Bragg/'Nam but that's not a bad thing though!
Old 11-01-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the site! There's no lack of LS1 Fbodys around Bragg/'Nam but that's not a bad thing though!
It's not necessarily a good thing either.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by j-man
Welcome to the brotherhood! Nice car! That is some great mileage for that year!! Must have been well taken care of You think that is fun? Wait till you start throwing some mods on it!! You will enjoy this site! There is more information here than any where else imaginable. Remember to read the stickys for each section you post in, and the search feature is your friend And when you have questions, there are tons of guys here that have "been there done that" and always willing to help.

Take it easy and keep your head down over there in Fayette-nam

Jman

thanks for the welcome. I have been in Fayetteville for four years. I guess I didnt word my intro very well. The car seems like it has been well maintained, I bought it from a retiree, and he bought it from an older fella too. No fading in the paint or weather stripping at all. It has been under a cover for most of its life. This thing is night and day from my old foxbody. The foxbody was faster, but it was a headache from hell from the start. I cant wait to get things in motion.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site.Nice car.