Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Gettin Greasy Again

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettin Greasy Again

Names Donnie.
I've been out of wrenching for about 20 years. Mostly cause of time, but about 3 1/2 months ago I quit smoking after 40+ years and rewarded myself with a 1979 Vette. It needs stuff like any 30 year old ride but that's why I got it, to keep me busy.
I've had a laundry list of Chevy's over the years and a lot of old timer stories to go with them, but it's really kickin to be back in it and back out in the garage late at night with the stereo blastin and turnin wrentches again.
Bad thing is, I'm finding out I've forgotten more than I thought I'd remember, but it's coming back to me, and the trips half the fun.
I'm on a couple of Vette forums but in a way I never felt like I've belonged. They seem to be soooooooo focused on having 'Vettes' that they've lost the feeling of just havin an old Hot Rod Chevy. And lets face it, when you get down to brass tacks that's what a Vette is, just another screamin Chevy. But nothing to allow it's owner a reason to stick their nose at everyone else.
So with all this in mind I'm gonna jump in, hang on & enjoy the ride again. Hopefully I might be able to shake some cobwebs out of this old raised in the gasoline streets of the 70's brain and be of some use on the forum. I know I'll have a lot of questions.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the site. Congrats on quitting and picking up the vette. I know what you mean about bein out in the garage late at night. Thats one of my favorite things to do. Youll be able to find pretty much anything you need to know here.