Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy here Granbury Texas

Old 11-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here Granbury Texas

I bought my first LS1 car while on the way to buy an 85 mustang. Me and my bud took a wrong turn next thing you know there is an 01 firebird for sale,,,,,I bought it. I love the car except for the rear suspension setup is noisy, its all heim joints kinda clanky but pretty stout. I may have paid too much but its a nice car. I hit a deer about 2 weeks ago so its in the shop who knows when ill see it again damage was around 4500.00 last time i called so i quit calling. Never took it to the track yet but hoping for mid 11's, car dyno'd at 421/455 to the wheels, i learned it doesnt take much to get alot of power from these things. Im hooked. Hopefully post pics when car comes back home.

SSgt Kincaid Semper Fi
Old 11-27-2008, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in Granbury, too.

I have a shop that a friend and I build road race prepped 4th gens out of. We go to Motorsport Ranch in Cresson a lot.

You at JRB? The friend I work with was a Gunny at the JRB.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the boards and welcome to awesome world of LS1s. You check out the texas section if you haven't already done that. A lot of stuff going on in the dfw area for the most part although thats kind of a drive for you I would say.

Search this Thread