Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another 69 Rag Top Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another 69 Rag Top Project

Morning All,
New to the site and the info available is causing me some serious sensory OVERLOAD!!! So much to take in and catch up on.

I restored a 69 Rag Top perhaps 12 years ago, after 6 years of working on it and like a Bone Head, I sold it. Sound familiar to anyone? Well, life got in the way for 10 years or so. Built my own home, never do that if money available, WOW.
Talk about, "Not Fun" It's a sure fire way to bring one down from the clouds.

Have always liked the 69 Camaro's and now have taken the plunge one more time. This one is pretty close to complete as is. Needs a few things done but basically it's all there.

I'm also in the market for an LS2 & T56 set-up. Like to pick up the complete package if possible. Something under 50K miles on it. So, if anyone out here has one or perhaps knows someone who does. Please send them my way.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Another 69 Rag Top Project-cam.1.jpg   Another 69 Rag Top Project-cam.8.jpg   Another 69 Rag Top Project-cam.10.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Default another bonehead here too

I have the same story. I bought a 69 RS/SS 396 4sp in '86. Did a ground up with all new GM sheet metal and sold it in '94 for...$12.5K. All options. Who knew! I can't justify the prices now so I went into 30's street rods, not much cheaper if any. Good luck.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Teching In

I hear ya,
It really does not matter what year your involved in. The cost to restore one will be nearly the same. Body shops and after market companies don't see any difference in year, make or model.
A Vega, or a Vett. will set you back the same amount.