Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

newbie in nj that needs help

Old 01-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie in nj that needs help

hy my name is steve i am working on a 2001 firebird with a ls1
well the side of the block is cracked and the customer bought a ls6 from gm to put in its place well i got the motor out in about 3 hours and then i saw that there is some differances like the oil pan exhaust manifolds waterpump lower pulley witch is no big deal to change
the question i have it on the ls1 there is a breather hose that runs from the rear of the driver side valve cover across the rear of the engine and into the passenger valve cover and then to the front of the intake behind the throttle body
the ls6 is different there is a hose that runs from the port on the intake behind the throttle body to a metal nipple that comes out from under the front of the intake
do i need to change the valve covers and the lines or do i leave it the way it is and leave the line off?
and is there any other things that may need to be done or changed over before i put this big mess back togeather?
i am not trying to be rude but if you are not shure please do not give me any guesses i need the answer form someone that knows the ls engines like the back of there head
i am trying to get this back in the car on moday or tuesday so if you have any info for me thank you for your help
Attached Thumbnails newbie in nj that needs help-dsc00006.jpg  

Last edited by 1 bad suv; 01-10-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here are more pics of the job
Attached Thumbnails newbie in nj that needs help-3.jpg   newbie in nj that needs help-dsc00005.jpg   newbie in nj that needs help-dsc00007.jpg   newbie in nj that needs help-dsc00006.jpg  

Search this Thread