Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to this site

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this site

My name is Robby. Im 20 and from paducah, kentucky. i just traded for a 99 ls1 camaro. Its the first one ive owned so im not really to familiar with the car. I know it has hooker long tube headers with a 40 series flowmaster different rockers and thats really about it. I joined this website to be able to learn some things. I need to put a clutch in the car but i dont know what i should put in it. I dont want to go to extreme cause i still have to drive the car everyday but i want it to catch. The clutch thats in it now sinks to the floor and when im racing its hard as hell to get it to engage. So if you got any suggestions please help me out!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome to best site on the net ! I'm sure others will chime in and tell you more, but i will tell you that you need to start by cleaning out your clutch fluid. This is why your pedal stays on the floor under hard driving. If your slave cylinder is bad then you will have to drop the trans to replace it and then mine as well replace the clutch. I went with an ls7 clutch kit from scoggin dickey for only $450 and it comes with a new flywheel and pressure plate. Its rated to hold 500 hp and it feels like stock to me. Hope this helps and congrats on your new car, You picked a good one !
Old 01-26-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome man, i live in the louisville ky, area not real for sure where paducah is?
anyways man congrats on the car! i also agree, you might want to look into the ls7 clutch!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

hey man welcome to the site, im with these guys, go with the ls7! any pix of ur car?