Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Better late than never

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better late than never

My friends have had LS1 cars, and I've been around them for several years. I helped my brother find the 99 WS6 last year. It was a two owner car with the owners being neighbors. Has ALL receipts from day one (even bulbs). Only mods when he purchased it: drilled/slotted brakes, wheels/tires, and flowmaster muffler. He had to let go of it for financial reasons, and I did not want to lose such a nice car. So I bought it for my new wife.

I picked up the 2000 SS about a week ago from the original owner down in Houston. All receipts from day one. 6.0 short block from MTI, SLP headers, borla muffler, everything else in the drive train was stock (including the hydraulics and clutch). Dropped all the way around on hotchkis springs, adj. panhard, replaced lowers. This weekend it got LS7 clutch, adjustable Tick master, updated slave, poly engine/trans mounts, MGW shifter. Next weekend gets QTP bellhousing, Macs, lifted back to stock height.

I have always loved these cars but spent my money elsewhere in cars/trucks. It feels good to have them now though.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man those are very good finds and congrats on some very nics rides! and welcome to the site
Old 01-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks. I've been lurking on the site for the past 5 years. Usually to help work on my friends' cars. Do you like the loudmouth on your car? I need to get something other than flowmaster for ours.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Launching!

welcome to the forum