Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Intro from another Florida guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Intro from another Florida guy

HI to all, as you can see from the screen name, I don't use nicks, just the real deal, it's plain ole Mike. A friend told me about this site and I've been lurking in the background for a couple of weeks, very impressed with what I've seen. It reminds me of a Harley site that I'm an Administrator on, lots of intelligent people, solid information and must of all, a friendly, helpful atmosphere.

A little about myself and the reason I'm here. I'm sure I'm older than most of you, to give you an idea, I was a teenager in the original 'muscle car' era, '64-'70. I was fortunate to own many of the cars that are bringing mega bucks at Barrett-Jackson today. My first car was a '65 GTO, 389 Tri-Power, 4sp, next was a '67 Chevelle SS396/375hp, 4sp, then the one that I really wish I still had, a '69 Z-28/RS with every option except the 2-4bl Cross-Ram (it did have the rear disc option). All of these were before I was 20. A little before my 20th birthday, I took a parts job at a Dodge dealer and got hooked on Hemi cars, that list is very long so I won't go into all of those. The past 10-12 years I've been involved with Harleys, my passion is hi-perf engine work, taking the antique, outdated design of their air cooled engine and doubling it's HP and TQ.

The reason I wanted to join this group is to learn about the LS series engines, they've changed a h*ll of a lot since I last worked on a SBC. I'm building a '32 Ford 3 window Coupe street rod and I'll be using an LS1/4L60E from a '00 Camaro SS. I hope this doesn't go against the grain of this site with all the F-body and Corvette crowd. I'm sure this old man will be asking some rookie questions, things that have been covered before or that you think are soooo simple, but it's like I tell members of my Harley group, nobody was born with all this knowledge, we all had to learn it somewhere.

I look forward to learning from the 'younger crowd',
Thanks,
Mike
Tampa Bay,FL
Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome aboard Mike....
Lots of usefull information here.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SlowSS and Striker, thanks for the warm welcome!! You're right, there is LOTS of useful information here, your site is amazing. I've spent a lot of time reading thru some of the threads just so I don't ask a dumb rookie question that's been asked 100 times before.

Some of the info I'm looking for is, threads on modifying a stock engine harness to eliminate the sensors/controls I won't need on my '32 project. Also looking for illustrations of the various sensors on the '00 Camaro SS engine to help me identify everything. Does anyone have a link to this info?

Mike