Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy from Tx.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Tx.

Hey guys, New guy here from South Texas.

I've been big into Diesel trucks for years now (since '00), but, I have a friend who is selling a 1987 Corvette Convertible Auto and am here to look for more information, but, I'm a complete GM noob 100% bonafide newbie.

I understand the GM Duramax Diesel, but, I really would appreciate some help with this car.

Is it a descent car? Is it upgradable? Pretty much the wife and I just want to cruise it. Just have it look nice, and work perfect. We have a 497rwhp/1020rwtq Dodge Diesel, so, get up and go isn't what we are looking for. This is just a "rice night" cruiser, and a WOT sprint occasionally.

The car is in good shape. It's been parked since '05, and last year it got the fuel tank dropped, cleaned, new fuel pump, and 93 octane with stabil. It needs a new top, and the antenna drains the battery (owner claims it keeps trying to go down until the battery dies), but the price is good, I think. They are willing to accept $3,500.

All opinions are welcome, and needed.

If I need to post this up elsewhere, please tell me. I looked diligently, but only found a Corvette Performance forum, and I have no idea what generation motor this car has. It's all OE.

Thanks,
Merrick