Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Old School, "NEW SCHOOL"

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old School, "NEW SCHOOL"

Hi, My name is Butch, I'm 60 years old and I just bought my first 2001 Formula LS-1. Last car was a "69" Camaro with a 540 750hp. Had quite the fenderbender at the local dragstrip and now here I am. I don't own 1 metric tool ! Are the bolts on these cars 1/2" or 9/16'ths.lol ! So much to learn. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There seems to be mounds of knowledge on LS1Tech. I'm sure I'll be needed quite a bit of advise. Sooo here we go, and let the games begin !!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the club old man, there are several of us old farts on here. Now the first thing you do is get you a nice set of snap-on metric tools. The 15mm will be your main weapon of choice. Think of it like the 9/16 of old. Now after you have acquainted yourself with the use and feel of metric equipment the first thing you need to do is pull the drive train out and sell that piece of s... modern f-body and find you a real classic muscle car to put that ls1 in. Then folks want see you and say "look grand pa is driving the grand kids car".