Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello all, new to the forums .. Possibly looking @ a GTO

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all, new to the forums .. Possibly looking @ a GTO

Hello all,
I come from all over, my Hyundai Forums, 5th Gen Camaro Forums, B-Body Impala Forums ... the list goes on.

As it stands right now, I currently own the loudest Hyundai Tiburon in the world (or at least United States); a 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT that for our cars, is considered a N/A Beast.

I have a larger upper Intake Manifold, Ported Lower Intake Manifold, Intake, Headers, Straight Pipes, Mildly Aggressive Cams and a reprogrammed computer. Sadly while some of my fellow Tiburon owners are in the 12's and 11's with their Superchargers, I am in the pitiful high 13's.

I have been wanting to get a new Camaro 1SS since the first pictures were released, but money situations may have me selling my Tiburon, and going used.

Since by no means am I going to downgrade, and since I have swore up and down my next car would be RWD V8 (Fail wheel drive ain't cutting it anymore, was fun when I was young but I need power) so I figured I would look into my second favorite V8; the "Modern Goat". I suspect I won't be able to go over $15,000, so I will probably end up with the LS1 5.7L but I hope I can get one with decently low mileage on it and Manual. Seems the majority of them for sale are all Autos (Which I refuse to own).

If the job ever gets better, I would love to go Supercharged/Procharged with it down the line, and I am going to push hard to get me a GTO. The Tiburon has been fun, but while a crisis comes my way where I can't afford my current car, to me, it may mean the possibility of saving money, yet upgrading all at the same time.

This video says enough about my Tiburon as it stands right now (And sounds):

Heres a picture:

Ever since I bought my Tiburon (New at 16 years old; now 20 years old) I deep down regretted it. My friend owns a 94' Caprice LT1 and a 95' Impala SS LT1 and about 95% of my yearly car shows are all muscle car based, so I have had this strong urge to own a RWD V8 ever since I was a young teenager, but basically been stuck with what I bought.

This is my friends 95 Impala:

While he gets into his mods much deeper; currently has RAISS Intake, Even Flow Headers, Custom Spintech Stainless Steel Exhaust, Eaton 4.10 Gears and soon Ported Camaro Heads / Cam .. I become more and more jealous of the V8 sound, and desire one ever more.

SOOOO, that is my pretty lengthy story as to why I am here, where I come from and what I am hoping for.

Been eyeing the GTO's since they came out 5-6 years ago and maybe now is my chance

-Kyle
Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 AM

♥`Girls/Ladies/Women; whatever you call it..we should get a little respect.!

Old 07-07-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome. The tiburon looks good, but rwd is more fun. Good choice going with a GTO.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pseudonym
Welcome. The tiburon looks good, but rwd is more fun. Good choice going with a GTO.
Yeah, got a guy who may possibly be interested in my Tibby. I have a 2005 GTO picked out, just gotta sell my car first.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GeneralPatton
Yeah, got a guy who may possibly be interested in my Tibby. I have a 2005 GTO picked out, just gotta sell my car first.
Good luck and that GTO soon!
Old 07-18-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

Welcome!
Old 07-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Launching!

I have never really seen myself as a tiburon kinda person. But yours sounds pretty damn stout to me. I have nothing but respect for you and the work youve put into it. But once you get into a rwd ls1/ls2 im sure youll forget about it pretty quickly. Anyway, welcome.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

I own an 05 gto m6 and previously had a lt1 trans am m6 and i personally love the goat, just more luxury along with a low 13's stock. you can find a decently modded gto for pretty cheap just check out the forums and autotrader. i'm telling you, you wouldnt be dissapointed.