Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie to the Site with lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie to the Site with lots of questions

I was told about this forum today while I was at the Part store. I have a 1955 Belair that I am building and I want to put a LS1 and a 6spd for the drivetrain. I currently have a 327SB with a municie 4spd. I have only had SB and BB's. I have rebuilt two 69 camro's and I am now rebuilding a 55 Belair. Can someone tell me if a LS1 swap would work for my car. Is it easy to swap? What type of prices am I looking at for a motor and trans? Is the computer easy to hook up? What type of wire harness do i need? Buying a used LS1, what do I need to look for?

I appreciate all the help. If someone knows or has a motor that they would like to sell or trade for a 327SB, let me know. Thanks
Belairman
Old 07-05-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It will work, I've seen it done. Unfortunately I don't know how it was done. On to the 327 now. My dad damaged one in the early 90s and it was cheaper to build a brand new 383 then to buy whatever parts he needed for the 327. If the market hasn't changed then you could probably sell that motor or part it out and make more then enough to buy the LS1. Good luck with your build and sorry for not answering any questions.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try looking up some of Hot Rod mags old articles maybe they would have something to help you out. Welcome and good luck keep everyone updated on the build when it happens.