Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

clutch help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch help

I have a 01' WS6 and just got it last year, over last winter I installed LT headers, catless 3in ORY, and about every bolton most people usually do to their engine, the only next step is gears or getting into the motor...anyways when I did the header install I also had my T56 beefed up with steel shift forks, and bronze syncro's and so on and so on its supposed to hold around 700 ft lbs max now...well I installed a specII clutch and it was really great but after just 3 months of having it all back together and driving it (my daily driver)...it only had about 5,000mi on it and I was driving in a bad storm only going about 20mph couldnt see and hit a huge water spot in the road that was bout 4 inches deep then my rpms went up to about 4k when I was in 2nd gear doing 20mph...the next day it was slipping bad, then I took it all back out (clutch,tranny)...well I never seen anything like it it was like black mud all over and I hadnt even made a run at the track yet..it ran 13.08 @109mph with a 2.0 60ft before it had anything done to it which I thought was a little fast for it being bone stock with 100k miles....well I figured I had to much power now or something but I took it to the place I had my tranny built at and they said it was all water damaged..trannys fine, but its a very reputible shop with highly educated techs and he said that was common with f-bodys and vettes...I never heard of it but the insurance is fighting with the shop and me trying to get out of paying for all the stuff...if I do get stuck having to buy all new stuff I am thinking of going with LS7 clutch kit, my question is that everyone says you have to get an LS2 flywheel to work with the LS7 kit, but I thought the LS7 kit came with the LS2 flywheel and it would all bolt right up...do I have to order a LS7 pp/disk, then get a LS2 flywheel?...or does the LS7 kit with flywheel on scoggin dickey's site have what I need all together besides the slave cyl?...the shop wrote my quote up for another specII kit, but just incase all that doesnt work out I want the LS7 kit...ive heard lot of bad about spec now and then this thing happened and Im having a hard time beleiving it was water damage because nobody else has ever heard of it....but the shop swears by it that it happens to these cars if u get in deep enough water.....sorry for the huge post, its my first one so I had to tell all the details