Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

NEWB!! honda Guy getting into the LS world!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWB!! honda Guy getting into the LS world!

LS1Tech,

my name is Russ and i have been in the industry doing everything from making Top fuel heads in MI to Getting my Associate Degree in High performance technology at university of northwestern Ohio and i am now Memphis working for a Great Transmission company.

i currently own and drive a 91 honda civic with a 1.7L Turbo set up

on the last motor it made 395hp and 334tq car weighs 2150 with me in it!

with this car i did the cage all the piping the machine work he tune the manifold the exhaust everything on this car was bought build fab'ed and tuned by me.

you might ask so why am i here well i was told once by my dad not to limit myself. and i love going fast so i am doing a 25.5 rear halved 90 CRX and putting a 6.0L or a 5.3L with some type of Large A** turbo on it and will be a drag radial car. i will be using a 4l80 trans brake transmission and will drive this car on the street as much as possible. with the weight being 2400-2600lbs it should move pretty good!

well so far i love this site and plan on helping were i can!

Thanks

Russ
Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So Im guessing the 25.5 car wont be wrong wheel drive ?

Use a 6.0...stock block and crank good to 1000HP with a good tune up.

Good luck keeping the car hooked up on DR's though....I would think it would be too short.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
So Im guessing the 25.5 car wont be wrong wheel drive ?

Use a 6.0...stock block and crank good to 1000HP with a good tune up.

Good luck keeping the car hooked up on DR's though....I would think it would be too short.
yes the CRX will be right wheel drive! also im not worried about the DR if any thing i think the front wont stay down with the weight but i will figure it out.

as for the motor im going with stock bottom end to get the car working good then i will think about a built motor or a new car at that point.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

i was into in hondas then i learned.........good luck with your project
Old 07-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MelScrilla
i was into in hondas then i learned.........good luck with your project
we all have to at some time. i will still own them they never treated me wrong it more the "honda game" that sucks but hey i just want to go fast with out selling my left nut and a leg!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drag4life723
we all have to at some time. i will still own them they never treated me wrong it more the "honda game" that sucks but hey i just want to go fast with out selling my left nut and a leg!
well f-bodies are definitely not a nut & leg expensive and its a much better platform. and for the record, i have/never will own a honda. but good luck with this build, should be pretty damn quick. make sure you take plenty of pics and keep us updated in the conversions & hybrids section. theres more info here than anywhere on these motors so enjoy your stay .....and make sure you read the stickies!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Teching In

stickies fo sho i spent the last few days going through and looking at most of them while at work.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by drag4life723
yeah i still have my 94 integra i was planning on doing an LS/Vtec on but now i'm trying to sell the parts i have to build up my z28
Old 07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

I would use that thing as a dd or something and take some mods off and buy a cheap 98 z28 or something and put a huge engine in that. Honda cars are not designed for that kind of torque in the ls engine. But it can be done, but its gonna be hard and your gonna need a lot of money and patience to do it.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00fastta
I would use that thing as a dd or something and take some mods off and buy a cheap 98 z28 or something and put a huge engine in that. Honda cars are not designed for that kind of torque in the ls engine. But it can be done, but its gonna be hard and your gonna need a lot of money and patience to do it.
not that much money when i have a tig and bender to do it myself. its not the first time i have down a chassis not that big of a deal just the first time to do it on my own car.

also a 2 seat honda crx is not a good dd its my 4th one and have use them for dd's before not a fan! ill just drive a accord and call it good.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

That civic at the top has gotta be one nasty lil car. My buddy is building one now, shooting for 400+ to the wheels.

Id love to see a turbo'd 6.0 in a crx hahaha. that would make my day. Good luck