Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie with an LS project

Old 08-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Newbie with an LS project

Hi guys. My name is Aras and I live in Savannah, GA. I have 2 1997 Cateras and plan on putting the mighty LS1 in one. I have already swapped some GTO parts on it: shocks, calipers, C5 pads, part of the exhaust. Finishing painting a GTO apoiler as well. Some other mods include lowering, grille and the "FUN" button Basically, the plan is to produce a 4-door goat, a G8, Commodore or whatever else you may want to call it. Call it a sleeper... I call it "Caterror"- this one WILL/does surprise some people. I have read that there already exists a member with an LS1 Catera on the site, so hopefully I can use some of the information.
Right now I am waiting for a mechanic to finish my friend's '83 Malibu Wagon. I will be looking for an engine/transmission combo and then the fun will begin.
Wish me luck
Aras
Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 AM

Welcome
Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice opel omega... i mean cadillac catera... Welcome
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
nice opel omega... i mean cadillac catera... Welcome
Yeah, I know. I am from Europe (Lithuania) , so the whole Catera thing was new to me. I had to get used to it and the fact that Opel is priced like a Porsche...
Thanks for the welcome. I finally put a Cadillac badge on it and put a mist of black paint to darken it a little bit. People still try to pull in front of me to see the badge just to figure out what kind of car it is Now that's a sleeper, and a rare one.
It doesn't drive or sound like a Catera anymore, which is a good thing in some ways. I am also considering a carb'd 350/TH350 combo, which I think would be pretty cool. Soon enough I will find out.
Later guys,
Aras

Last edited by Caterror; 08-12-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spell

Search this Thread