Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the board

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the board

But not to ls1's well at least not driving them. Working on them or the right performance upgrade path is another story. Well now it's time to figure out the right path due to a little whole in the side of the block still trying to figure out how that happened. Went to start the car, it started but made a whole racket of noise. Got under it looked around noticed a crack in the oil pan at the block... that's not good look up a little more and notice a whole in the side of the block that the starter is still attached to. I hear that ls1's like to drop the starter boss, I'm guessing the starter didn't disengage and when the motor started it kicked the starter hard enough to rip the boss off the block? Oh well either way time for a new block and while it's all apart, still not sure which power path I want to go with turbo or nitrous but that's neither here nor there at the moment. More or less looking for Just thought I would stop in this section and say hi. I have a quick question as I plan on using stock ls* heads, which would be the best casting to go with? I know nothing about the numbers and which ones came on what(year/fbody or corvette) but I'm looking for something stock casting I'm gonna have ported that I can bolt right to my replacement ls1 block. Thanks in advance!