Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Not totally new here, but how i got my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not totally new here, but how i got my car

I have one other post, but I felt I should give some back ground on myself. I grew up outside of Memphis a 1/4 mile from the race track. I would go all the time even before I could drive, I was hooked on speed early. My first car was a red 73 Mustang Grande, red top, 351c, c4 with shift kit awesome car but not for a high school kid. That couldn’t get more that 20 hours a week from barn hills. I killed the motor and got a Honda.

After high school I joined the Air Force. Told my Dad don’t sell it. I will build it back up when I get settled in. I went to tech training found out I had two bases I could go to Barksdale or Minot. I thought if go to Barksdale I’m going to get a 95 up Z28 Minot a Z71. I put in for Barksdale of course I got Minot; it’s my luck, so I got the truck and my Dad sold the Mustang. 3 years later I got deployed and finally had some spare cash. I wanted a R1 then looked at insurance for a 21 year old and thought R6's don’t look that bad. After getting the bike found out my girl (later wife) hated to ride I was fairly hard core. I would ride until snow was on the ground, then as soon as it melted I was back out. Then I found myself saying why do I call these guys to go riding, I don't even like them. I thought about it a while the wife doesn’t like it my daughter would love to go for a ride but she is three so not a good idea.

I was at work looking in the paper and found a 2001 Camaro SS with 82000 miles for 9 grand. I’m like not a bad price let me check this out. When I got off work I went to look at it, I’m like not bad needs tires, no dents, and no stains in the carpet. I found one thing after I bought it. When I had it on a lift changing the oil the rear diff cover leaks not huge, new gasket sealant 30 bucks. I’m getting a head of myself so after I looked at it I went to the bank got approved for the loan, priced the insurance, wrote out a budget including the new payments, I’m like not bad I could do that no strain. At this point my wife has heard about it but hasn’t seen it at first she gives the hell no. Then it changes to I’m not happy with this. I love my wife and respect her, but I tell her all the time don’t speak woman to me, yes or no I don’t like playing guess my feelings games. I think whatever I will go to work I will be gone for two days so if it is still there when I get back I will get, If not the my wife will be happy (I think).

When I get back I give the guy a call and he still has it. I tell my wife I’m going to get it, and she said “I don’t like it but I want to see the car if you’re so set on buying it”. We go over to his house its outside just been detailed and t-tops out my wife said “it looks good but I don’t like it”, I’m like ok take my wife with me for a test drive about a ¼ mile in and she cracks a smile then jokes about mullets and zuba pants I’m like what are zuba pants. Take it back to the guy and I tell him we will go to the bank the next day and get him the money he is like cool the next day we go to the insurance place add the car drop full coverage on the truck and the bike and end up paying like $75 more for the car my wife is like not bad. Go for the car loan we get the final payment price and she is like we could do that. The best part is when we went to get my daughter from day care and my wife is like “I wasn’t going to tell you this but I really like this car”.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

Cliff notes?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Teching In

do you mean. wrap it up
Old 08-24-2009, 12:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm kool...
Old 08-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Launching!

I enjoyed the story, tough crowd here...
Old 08-24-2009, 01:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome, we need pictures!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Desert ls1 I had to laugh at that. Its kind of just the story of how it came to be mine. If you guys want pics of the car? I can upload those when I get home in two days. It is a tough crowd but I learned if I post " I took a poop yesterday" I better have pics to back it up. Have a great day guys.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Hey guy are you coming up to Minot for Motor Magic?
Old 08-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Minot ND? I'm in Fargo ND...
Old 08-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Teching In

yep minot nd. should be a good time 1/8 mile and some auto cross should be a good time.