Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hi to all

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi to all

Sorry for posting my first posting without any seperation. So I am reposting it.

Hi everyone I've just bought a 98 Z28. It has not made it to me yet. My builder has me feeling worried at this point. Telling me that more than likely it's not what it was said to be. I is to have a LS6 block stroked 382 not 383 bored 40 over.

I have a turbo kit (sts) to put on it and a meth. kit. I know I need to get my C/R down with different pistons. I also know that I need a lot bigger injectors than what came with the kit and I'm going with 2 fuel pumps in the tank and 8an fuel line and bigger fuel rail.

I might end up selling the sts kit. Because my builder has talked me into doing a front mount turbo and intercooler. He said that it was better. The FMT&FMI is what I know. I also have a 89 TTA #13. I was going to build it but once I took the motor out and trans. I just couldn't do it. So I got to put eveything back in it and probably sale it to.

I don't know if I can trust the builder or not. The way he talked that the motor is going to have to come out take the crank out and everything to make sure it is what the guy said it was. I do agree with that but I'm not sure if he will tell me right about what it is.

So how can I tell if the crank is the Calies 382 crank and how do I tell if it has been bored 40 over? He also said need to put ARP bolt in everything. The cam he said will have to be replace more than likely. Because the guy couldn't give me the lobe seperation of it. I know I will want to stroke it more.

But I dont want him to tell me it is stock crank and me sale it as a stock crank. How does one tell if the block is a LS6 Block. I was going to get a HPTuner to tune it and he said that I would have to go to school for it and that they was only 3 tuner close to me to tune it.

He has a dyno to help with the tuning. I dont know it is just way he went about it all made me feel like he was going to try and get as much money out of me.

What would be the best turbo to get that will be good for about 900+ rwhpl. I want to do this right the first time, so I am not changing part out all the time to make more power. Well that's all for now, take care to all.

I hope the makes it easier to read.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by craig382ci
Sorry for posting my first posting without any seperation. So I am reposting it.

Hi everyone I've just bought a 98 Z28. It has not made it to me yet. My builder has me feeling worried at this point. Telling me that more than likely it's not what it was said to be. I is to have a LS6 block stroked 382 not 383 bored 40 over.

I have a turbo kit (sts) to put on it and a meth. kit. I know I need to get my C/R down with different pistons. I also know that I need a lot bigger injectors than what came with the kit and I'm going with 2 fuel pumps in the tank and 8an fuel line and bigger fuel rail.

I might end up selling the sts kit. Because my builder has talked me into doing a front mount turbo and intercooler. He said that it was better. The FMT&FMI is what I know. I also have a 89 TTA #13. I was going to build it but once I took the motor out and trans. I just couldn't do it. So I got to put eveything back in it and probably sale it to.

I don't know if I can trust the builder or not. The way he talked that the motor is going to have to come out take the crank out and everything to make sure it is what the guy said it was. I do agree with that but I'm not sure if he will tell me right about what it is.

So how can I tell if the crank is the Calies 382 crank and how do I tell if it has been bored 40 over? He also said need to put ARP bolt in everything. The cam he said will have to be replace more than likely. Because the guy couldn't give me the lobe seperation of it. I know I will want to stroke it more.

But I dont want him to tell me it is stock crank and me sale it as a stock crank. How does one tell if the block is a LS6 Block. I was going to get a HPTuner to tune it and he said that I would have to go to school for it and that they was only 3 tuner close to me to tune it.

He has a dyno to help with the tuning. I dont know it is just way he went about it all made me feel like he was going to try and get as much money out of me.

What would be the best turbo to get that will be good for about 900+ rwhpl. I want to do this right the first time, so I am not changing part out all the time to make more power. Well that's all for now, take care to all.

I hope the makes it easier to read.
sorry to bust your ***** but you didnt have to repost, u just had to edit the original post...

Welcome to ls1tech
Old 10-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Launching!

What state and city you in.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Do u know what your C/R is or what pistons are in there.