Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Member from New Orleans!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member from New Orleans!

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself here! My name is Brandi, I'm 27, and I live in the NOLA area. I'm a student at UNO currently for Earth and Environmental Sciences. My main passion is horses, and I have 3 Thoroughbred ex-racehorses. I also love dogs and cats...my fave breed of dogs is the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and I have 2 females. I also have a rescue Pit Bull(maybe mixed with some Boxer) and a bunch of barn cats. They(the dogs) love riding shotgun in the Camaro! I also like 4-wheeler riding, fishing, hunting, traveling, and collecting model horses - among many other things!

I have a 1998 Camaro Z28, bright red! I got the car in 2007 and haven't had the time or money to put into it mod-wise, but will be starting this winter when I get back to work! I did have to replace the motor mounts and transmission mount recently, and got the cats gutted yesterday. It had a Flowmaster muffler on it when I bought it but definitely going to get something that sounds a bit better. First on the list for getting done soon is the darn passenger window motor...then I will go from there. I am also looking into getting a Trailblazer SS next year sometime...I want an SUV for vacations/evacuations, so I figured that would be a pretty cool compromise! If not that, I'll look for a Duramax diesel crew cab truck. My dad has always had a passion for cars, and he currently has a 68 Firebird that is Chevy powered. I always begged him for a project car as a teenager(I was the tool-getter and the one that would get the hard to reach areas when working on stuff, LOL), but he didn't get one until a while after I moved out the house! He has gotten my 16 y/o brother interested and once he learns to drive a tamer car successfully on the road, he will probably have a project of his own. We go to a lot of local car shows, and are heading out to Mississippi for Cruisin' the Coast next weekend!

This looks like a great place to find lots of information, and there seem to be a lot of experienced people to help with any problems I may encounter. Glad to meet y'all! :hi:
Old 10-03-2009, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome Brandi.

Post up some pictures of the rides.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Launching!

What's up B, local here, I have a 01 SS and a 06 TBSS, great vehicles, if you don't have some type of anti-theft device installed on your car I suggest that before you do any modding...anyways good luck with school, the car, your hobbies, etc.... and WELCOME!!
Old 10-04-2009, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Welcome Brandi!!! I find it funny that a Earth and Environmental Sciences Major is driving Gas Gunglin Hot Rod!!! Cant wait for Cruisin The Coast Myself!! Maybe I run into you!! (doubtful tho, there tends to be 1 or 2 people there lol) Good Luck with Everything.!!!!