Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New LS1 4th Gen Owner in Cedar Park TX

Old 11-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS1 4th Gen Owner in Cedar Park TX

I finally made the jump in to the LS1 world. I have had over a dozen F-body's through the years including 4 '69 Camaros and too many Third Gens to count. I have always liked the 4th gen cars but did not want an LT1. I bought a '99 Z28 from a friend in my car club. Its an M6, 185K miles, 99% stock, and runs great. This is just a toy car for me to go cruising in and have some stop light to stop light fun. The car has been babied and garage kept all its life so even with the super high miles it is in excellent condition. Plus I got it for a good price so now I have some money to do some things to it like put on a set of chrome ZR1 wheels, an after-market shifter, new head unit, an SS hood, and suspension upgrades to name a few. I have been reading up on Sam Stranos parts and that looks like the way I will be going in the near future. From what I can tell this site has tons of great information and deals on used parts as well. I am an active member on the Austin F-body forums and plan to become an active member here. Attached is how the Z looks today.
Attached Thumbnails New LS1 4th Gen Owner in Cedar Park TX-z2802.jpg   New LS1 4th Gen Owner in Cedar Park TX-eng01.jpg   New LS1 4th Gen Owner in Cedar Park TX-int06.jpg  

Last edited by Hardway; 11-07-2009 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-07-2009, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

Very Nice !! Best of luck from a guy who has had 12 different F- bodies himself .
Old 11-08-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! Now may the mod wars begin!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Welcome to the site. good luck with great car. When you decide to get a fifth gen keep the fourth gen also. John
Old 11-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys. The car is definitely in need of some suspension help, got some Strano springs, Koni's, and Spohn pieces on their way. Going to do ball joints and bushings while I am in there as well. I am firm believer in what everyone else has said on here, "do it once, do it right, and you will be happy"

Search this Thread