Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

greetings from a seasoned-newb!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking greetings from a seasoned-newb!

Hello ls1techies! I'm not sure if I qualify as a full on newb as I've been lurking here for a few years lol I decided i ll atleast register and tell staff and users alike that this site is one of the best! I'm currently in the market for a lsx car just narrowing down the my selection. Four years ago I decide to get rid of my 94 z28 w/headers and catback and picked a 4-door for my expected child. Another four years and I'm back in the market! Maybe you guys can help me out.....

"FLAME SUIT ON!!": alright. Going into this (especially as a newb) I want every one to know that I would drive and own anyone of these cars! It just comes down to picking the best for me

I really wanted to grab a ls1z28 since they can be had for cheap but you cannot drive 60seconds in LA with seeing atleast 2-3 camaros of some sort!

I was very interested in the ls6 V's even with the wheel hop issues untill I came across a few people w/maggied v's pushin 500rwhp and can't break 11's wtf?!? thought only supra's suffered that fate??? And honestly I'm not down for a 7k rear-end to fix such problem....but for a quick 4-door luxry car I guess u can't complain but it serious needs and alternative to nail a few 1.6 60'

I like every thing about the ls2gto except one of the most important....looks! I mean c'mon they could of came up with something else rather then using a cavalier as the base! I drove one and fell in love with everything about the car...up untill I stepped out and looks at it from most angles.

Now the c5 I'm intrigued by! Price ranging 12k-17k, Chevy's poster car, Lightweight, 50/50 distribution, 12's stock, targa top for nice cali weather, not an "exotic" but i'd say its a pretty nice step-up from a camaro performance wise and status. And while u do see them on the road its not as commone as camaro and mustangs, especially for my age bracket :-) only 2 things that bother me about this car.....the fugly night time pop-ups and no back seat for occasional family outings. But then again we are talking performance at the end of the day aren't we fellas?

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards the vette......I'm also a bigger believer in the saying there's always someone bigger and faster. With that being said if I get beat by some random zr1 no biggie i'd probably enjoy it lol the fastest car amongst my close friends is VERY soon to be a E92 M3 . And he just happens to be the one that is always in competition with me n whatever we do! I used to school in the lt1 when he had a crx w/b16 motor swap. If I can put a fender or two on him ill be FULLY satified lol :-D Being realistic whatever car I go with will be a FULLY bolt-on car(ewp,port mani/tb etc MAYBE a small cam or 100shot) and nothing else until I get into my first house and not a second sooner.

Man was that lenthy but I was sitting quite sometime in hibernation!! once again thanks for all the good info I've obtained over the years! If I can give out a helpful opinon to someone I definetly will! :-)

EDIT: opps! Posted thread in the wrong forum. That's a way to make a intro.....

Last edited by xX Black Ops Xx; 12-27-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first question would be what is your price range. I mean, if you are looking at CTS-V's than why even consider a Z28? A GTO is out since you obviously don't like the looks of it. And a camaro is out since you say they are like belly buttons where you're from.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

23k is the max i want to finance....i was considering a Z28 because to me they look good and i could probably do a head/cam instead of just bolt-on's and still be a decent amount under even the said cts-v.....
Old 12-28-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xX Black Ops Xx
23k is the max i want to finance....i was considering a Z28 because to me they look good and i could probably do a head/cam instead of just bolt-on's and still be a decent amount under even the said cts-v.....
Yea, with 23k at your max I don't see a cts-v in your future. If a corvette is inconvenient because there is no rear seat, GTO's are unattractive to you, and there are to many camaro's in your area, why not a WS6? It's in your price range, has a back seat for the kids, has pretty cool styling, and is more rare than all the camaros in your area.

Last edited by TheBlueKnight; 12-28-2009 at 02:53 PM.